Thursday, September 11, 2008

Half-Staff

Today I saw Old Glory at half-staff and even thought I knew it was Sept. 11, I guess I’d forgotten the significance of the day for a minute. It saddened me see the flag at half-staff. It’s such a majestic thing that waves overhead, reminding us of what a privilege it is to live in its shadow. But it is still beautiful lowered for those who gave their lives in defense of our country. I hope we can live to see a better world, a more peaceful world, where the flag can fly high in its glory over all of us, never lowered half-way to remind us of the uncertain world we live in.

1 comment:

Ann said...

I'm glad people still remember to half staff the flag on this day. Once we as a nation forget what happened is when we will see tragedy again just to remind us what a great place we live in.