So having a job and trying to plan a wedding (which is like a full-time job) isn’t that much fun. I’d much rather be planning my wedding and thus haven’t been the model employee last week. Just some small mistakes, but for my perfectionistic attitude, any mistakes are not acceptable. So it has been a really good learning experience for me! To not get so down on myself and realize, even though I have a good excuse, a lot of people make mistakes without excuses and it’s ok, it’s just a part of life. Funny it’s taken me this long in my life to realize that, and I’m still a work in progress. It’s almost freeing to realize that if I make a mistake, it’s not the end of the world and we move on.
I also need to get my ring appraised so I can get it insured. I have a tendency to drop expensive things (that’s why my phone looks like an old man phone with sleeves and covers on it). So I even wake up in the middle of the night making sure the ring is still there. Sierra- West (where we bought it) wanted two weeks to appraise it because they send it somewhere. That’s exactly what I want, send my ring where it can get lost before I get insurance on it. And why would I want to give it to you for that long? So I called OC Tanner and they’ll do it in 45 minutes and for cheaper. Good choice!
But I’m having a grand time planning my wedding. I may have it all planned by Thanksgiving, which is the goal, but there is a TON left to do. I still only have the temple and reception site reserved but I now have appointments with my event coordinator at the JSMB, flowers, dress shops and hopefully will nail down some photographers this weekend. I love planning though, anything and everything! I’m so in my element right now. But so much for a relaxing long weekend. I’m lucky I have Monday off though, so I gotta make the most of it. Thanks Columbus!
1 comment:
You probablly already have a photographer in mind, but if you don't, check out lindseyjanephotography.com. She works in SLC and does an AMAZING job! If I were getting married I'd use her. I don't know about her prices and such but looks to me like the pics are worth it. I don't know her, but my good friend Natalie is working with her and they do a great job.
Post a Comment