So somewhere in the last few years, I lost all decision-making skills. I think I started on the decline during my mission when I had one focus and very few decisions that weren't already made for me. Wedding planning is not for the non-decision-making kind. Thankfully, my decision to marry Dallin was a no-brainer or we'd still be waiting around!
My indecisiveness was manifest today as I couldn't decide between two wedding dresses and put a down payment on both to order them in my correct size. Thankfully, this is buying me precious time. One dress should be here in 4 weeks, the other in 8. That's around Christmastime people! Guess my bridals will be last minute.
Another near disaster was registry shopping last night. Dallin is so laid-back he's not too into decisions either and the thought of having to coordinate colors and tables and lamps and pictures for a house/apartment we don't even have yet was overwhelming to us both. "Do we need that table/pillow/curtain when we don't know what our place will look like and if it'll match?" I think we did decide on a monkey bathroom for future children though.
Every day I'm faced with billions of decision, most of them being wedding-related now. I do feel grateful for agency as I can decide what colors I want my kitchen and whether I want to show up to work or if what I'm going to eat tonight. Hopefully Dallin or I will be able to step up and decide. I vote for him since he'll be the patriarch but we both want the other to be happy so we're willing to sacrifice our own opinions. :) It could be worse - at least he's not controlling!
1 comment:
My advice on registering for stuff without knowing where you are going to live is to register at Bed Bath and Beyond, and put as much as you can on your registry. That way everything that is on the registry you can get CASH back for if you need to return it. Nate and I took full advantage of that when we got married, and it helped a lot!!! It was so fun to go to dinner with you two the other night! You two seem so happy together, and I definitely approve!!!
Post a Comment