Thursday, August 28, 2008

Ice Cream & Football

Do you ever think it’s a day that it’s not? All day yesterday I thought it was Thursday, making today Friday (which it has felt like) and really disappointing me when I come to the realization, that it’s STILL Thursday. I hate it when I do that.
This weekend is very exciting for me. Not only is it a three-day weekend (woo-hoo!) but I get to end my ice cream fast. I decided the month of August would be a good trial to leave ice cream behind and lose a little pudge. Unfortunately, my ice cream habit was taken up by a peanut M&M habit where I frequently ate my weight in chololatey, peanuty goodness. So I figure eating an occasional scoop of ice cream is probably better than snacking on M&Ms all day.
So Saturday, my first stop will be Cold Stone Creamery. My favorite flavor there is Amaretto with brownie (only found in Bountiful and Logan) which has been replaced by their “Batters Up” flavors until the end of August. Dallin introduced me to Blueberry Muffin Batter mixed with Cake Batter and graham cracker. Soooo good. That will be my first purchase. It will go perfectly with the University of Utah vs. Michigan game – nationally televised.
That’s right my friends! Football season starts this Saturday. I made the executive decision to not for-go my morals and join Dallin at a BYU game in Provo this Saturday. I was going to go as a one-time, trial basis to see him in all his self-described crazy Cougar glory but he politely discouraged me from being around his even more crazy friends. It’s the home opener, you know. He also told me I couldn’t wear red there which was the only way I’d feel slightly ok with going. Guess my season ticket will go to waste (I did not purchase it). It may be the only way to see him on Saturdays during the Fall so I might have to use it sometime this season.
As you can probably tell, this is one area where Dallin and I are NOT alike. I am an avid Utah fan and he is a rabid BYU fan. It is something we can’t even agree to disagree on. We don’t fight about it but have a grim acceptance of the other’s fan-dom. Come November, I hope we’re still speaking to each other. Go Utes!

1 comment:

d.r. gib said...

We love cake batter ice cream too!!

Go Utes-- i can't believe it is already football season again, but can't wait! I am sure Dallin is a very nice boy, but putting up with a byu fan is tough. i am very impressed with you, that must be so hard. Don't give in. Darin is supposed to go to a byu game with the youth, but he said they couldn't pay him to go to provo, let alone cougar stadium.

We will see you next week up at Rice Eccles--Go Utes!!!!!Ki-Yi