Tuesday, August 12, 2008

From Office to Cubicle

If you didn't know, my credit union merged so I have been reassigned to West Jordan, thus doubling my commute. While I am very excited for this change and love the company, I have had to give up my nice, cozy office with a door and a window for a cubicle that stares at a purple wall. Nice trade eh?
I received my 2008 goals from my boss today. I haven't worked here for long so that's why I am getting them the middle of August. I'm still a little scared because I could really use the 8% maximum bonus if I'm going to try and get into a house. I could REALLY use it. So I'm looking for ideas...
What kind of communications needs do you think a branch would have? I need to come up with a way to measure needs, growth and successes to identify future needs as well as the impact internal communications has on business outcomes.
New and innovative communication methods and content to increase branding and consistent messaging. And a way to generate relevant content from employees. YIKES! I don't even know where to start!
So I just wanted to post how much I love Dallin. I know people generally do this on their significant other's birthdays, but his was in July and I didn't have a blog then so this is a belated bday post/our 9 month anniversary on Friday post.
Dallin was definitely on one yesterday. To the point even his parents didn't think he was normal. He was being so funny (even though I'd give him the disapproving girlfriend look). But that's what he does best and I think prides himself on, being the funniest person out there.
Dallin is really the smartest kid I know. And I went to school with people who went to Ivy leagues, etc. He can make stuff up faster than anyone (which can be good and bad when you are trying to distinguish the truth) but he also always has an answer for everything. If he doesn't know, he'll find out. He always has the greatest insight into spiritual things, world things, work things, financial things, etc.
Dallin knows more people than most world leaders. He is the most friendly person I know which makes my life a whole lot easier because all my friends love him and so we can all hang out! (But I think they love him more than me now! Especially my sister...she worships the ground he walks on) I haven't met a soul who doesn't just adore him. (Me included).
He is a great listener. I know it's hard to believe that a boy can be this way, but he really does listen. He pays attention to the things I say and really tries to take my advice if I give it to him and it works with what he's trying to figure out. This goes along with how great he is with details. He remembered the actual day of our first date long before I racked my brain and figured it out. The other day he also informed me of what I was wearing on that date, and the three subsequent dates that followed.
Dallin is honest. This one was hard for me to trust for a while, and distinguish when he really was telling the truth versus when he was really just messing with me, but that little twinkle in his eye gives him away every time.
He is patient. Anyone who sits through the traffic from/to Davis County every day would be forced to be patient but Dallin really is. He has put up with many a temper tantrum from me and still loves me. He's waited for me to figure some things out and been willing to hold my hand and be a great teammate along the way so we figure them out together. He never gets mad when I can't make up my mind as to where we are going to eat and listens to my brothers and sister talk his ear off every time he comes around.
He lets me fly. Dallin never tells me what to do. Unfortunately for him, he doesn't have the same good luck. :) Sometimes I have to beg him for his opinion because he doesn't want to influence me to do something that won't make me happy. He always has my best interest in mind and I strive to make him my #1 priority as a small token of repayment for everything he is to me.
There are a million other things I can say, including him being the best thing that has ever happened to me. Really, I thought about it and can't come up with a single thing. I can think of a lot of great and happy things, but he is by far the best thing that has ever happened to me. He is my best friend. Sorry girls, I got the best one out there. Even if you now have to settle for #2, you won't be doing too shabby.

6 comments:

d.r. gib said...

Amy!!! I am so excited you are blogging! Can I add your link to our blog? Check it out. And we would love to meet Dallin on a double date or something--Kat

Leelee said...

Sounds like he's a keeper!! Really, I am so happy for you!! You deserve every happiness. (Keep me posted! lol)

Sarah Bishop Jackson said...

Hey Amy---good to find you.

One question.....how do yo know my niece, Ann (Bishop) Overson?? By the way, she is known as TC by her side of the family :)

Looks like you got a keeper!!

Sarah (Bishop) Jackson

Amy said...

She was my companion in the MTC

nateandalliewilcox said...

so excited that you joined the blogger world!!! I love hearing what you are thinking and what you are up to.

Megan and Cory said...

Amy!! I'm so glad you found someone who makes you that happy! So when is the wedding? :p