So I love Fridays. Mainly because that means I get to hang out with Dallin to my heart's content. You'll never find either one of us too far away from the other for any extended period of time during the weekend. Even though it's not payday Friday, I am looking forward to this one. Mainly because it's looking like Dallin gets to keep his job. (Don't get me started on how horribly this has all been handled). Even though he's looking at transferring departments, it's still nice to know he's appreciated enough to not get laid off in the first round.
The other good/bad news of this week was that my dad didn't get the CEO position at Mountain America. I'm sad for him because I think he really deserved it. The good news is that since he didn't get that job, I get to keep mine! The thought of me and Dallin trying to start a life together, both jobless, was a little too much. The other good news is that my dad's boss is still in the running. That would have been the best-case scenario anyway. My dad gets a big promotion under his boss and I get to keep my job too. So that is still a possibility.
Dallin and I went and looked at a house last night. It's on about 3900 S. and 3500 E. It's an ideal location for both of us to hop on I-215 and head our separate directions to work. Especially since 215 is less crowded. But the house ended up being twice as expensive as the kid who told us about it said it was, so thus, out of our price range. Supposedly it was a steal of a deal a month ago and someone may be trying to flip it so we're still going to talk to the realtor and see if we can swing a deal. If not, I have about two dozen ads I found which could keep us busy for a while. I'm not sure what timing and location the Lord has in store for us so I just figure if it works out, it's meant to be.
I was talking with my friend yesterday on how hard it is to grow up. Your whole life people are watching you, protecting you and guiding you and all of a sudden, you have to do all this stuff for yourself that you've seen your parents do. When did I get to be like my parents?! I've never gotten married, I've never bought a house, let alone decorated one, I've never had a child. All these changes, changes, changes. I guess it's feeling cozy in the middle of all these changes now since Dallin and I have been in the middle of a lot of big decisions this past month. Well, mainly him. I had mine (and subsequent freakout) a few months ago. I guess I should just get used to it and I feel like I am...
2 comments:
nice post am! Sad your dad didn't get the position, but I hope his boss does so then it all works out for everyone :) That would be ideal!
We were wondering yesterday about your dad and the job. Sorry to hear he didn't get it. Give him our love, please.
Post a Comment