Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Tick Tock Tick Tock

My life has been a bit empty this week with Dallin in California with his family. I desperately wanted to go but made the mature decision to stay home since I don’t have any vacation time saved up. Who knows when I might need it? I made a list of approximately two dozen things to do while Dallin is out of town and I can sit down and just DO. Clean out old boxes from college, clean out bedroom drawers, go to traffic court for a speeding ticket four months ago (thanks for making the process quick Taylorsville City :P), hang out with friends I haven’t seen in a while, etc. etc. So I’ve been highly productive, almost to the point of exhaustion, while he’s been gone but it has made the seconds tick a little faster.
It’s pretty lonely without him though. At least I get to talk to him every night. He says this is nothing compared to what I put him through when I took off to the Middle East for almost all of June and could only call occasionally and the only regular communication we had was through email. I was on the other end of things but occupied enough to block the loneliness into little increments. This surrounds me all day every day it seems. Knowing I can’t feel a warm hug tonight or see his smile is so sad! Saturday can’t come soon enough!
We celebrated our nine month anniversary on Friday at Ruby River. Then we did normal couple stuff like go to Walmart. And he was off on Saturday! I have been thoroughly bored at work even though I’ve had things to do, just boring things! Someone please tell me how you make writing about your work’s Cafeteria Plan or Dental Plan interesting. I have had the chance to match employee photos to a celebrity look-a-like program which has been great. Check out the link yourself. http://www.myheritage.com/celebrity-face-recognition
I also finished Breaking Dawn. I enjoyed the book, it was a little drawn out toward the end. And as a venting note, on Friday all the cool sites on our Internet here at work were blocked. We were one of the only places I knew who had Facebook still. I guess some stupid tellers decided to surf all day long and ignored members and instead of reprimanding them, we all got punished. So no more blogging, Facebook, anything good! I guess it’s back to work then…

1 comment:

d.r. gib said...

i hate those tellers, they always ruin everything! Reading about you missing Dallin reminds me of when Darin still lived in Missouri when we were dating. It was awful, but at least you know you don't want to live with out him. Good luck keeping busy! I am reading Breaking Dawn for the second time and it is much better this time through. Not so strange.