Saturday, August 1, 2015

High Tea

Saturday was a busy day!  I had a ward baby shower and high tea at the Grand America!  I sent Dallin and Zoey to the park during the shower in hopes of wearing her out so she'd take an early nap and be up in time to make tea time.  It worked out just perfectly.

She talked all day about having a tea party at a "ho-teal."  Her excitement was tangible.  I dressed her up in a little fancy outfit and we set out for the Grand.  We went with my mother-in-law and two sister-in-law (who are also expecting).  We got to choose from a variety of teas or hot chocolate.  I got Zoey a milk chocolate hot chocolate and I got mint chocolate.  I'm not sure she's ever had hot chocolate...

They started us with cups of berries with chantilly cream.  Then they brought out little sandwiches and scones.  I really like the cucumber and cream cheese ones.  I ate around the raisins in the scone.   Zoey ate some green olives off the sandwiches and some ham.  She also munched on lemons.  Lots of lemons.

After the sandwiches they brought out a dessert tray.  Oh my.  The gummies on the top (especially the passion fruit) was delicious.  As were the cookies, the raspberry tart but the most fabulous was the salted caramel macaroon.  I was not sad when Zoey didn't finish hers and I had to.  YUM!

I was surprised that my salt-loving kid went for a chocolate bowl and ate it along with the blueberry inside.   She then decided it wasn't a real tea party unless she got to pour the tea and put sugar in the cups, just like her pretend tea parties we frequently have.  Her Wela was kind enough to oblige and helped her hold the lid and pour the tea and scoop out sugar cubes and put them in our cups (we were so full and done at the point!)  Zoey was absolutely in heaven.

After we were done we took a few pictures and went out to the fountains and gardens in the plaza.  Zoey loved touching the water and they had some deer statues she loved also.  She had the time of her life.  We have been having continual tea parties at home now but I'm sure they will never live up to the fancy one she had.





1 comment:

Suz said...

LOoks like it was so much fun...and click out too.