Thursday, August 6, 2015

37 Weeks **Baby #2**

Symptoms: Dilated to 2+ and 50% effaced!  We are making progress!  My hips and ligaments are definitely softer and sometimes it feels like I can pop my hips in and out of joint.  This has made walking extremely difficult and if I overdo it, I can barely move.  Moving in general is cumbersome and painful so I have to be careful with what I do - which is barely anything.  I am really slowing down.  Fingers/arms are still really swollen, feet slightly swollen.  Blood pressure been hanging in quite good right now!

I have been a hormonal mess.  I cry pretty much all day, every day.  It's frustrating and exhausting.  It also makes my patience quite thin and the smallest thing can set me off.  My back still gets quite sore and I can't make it through the day without a nap.  And they are generally 90-120 minutes long.  I've been crampy quite a lot, just waiting for it to turn into something.  I've never made it to 38 weeks so we shall see!

Cravings: Nothing really.  Maybe root beer or Cherry 7-Up?

Clothes: Same

To Remember: Spent last Sunday in L&D after I'd had continual back pain all day.  They wanted to check for a UTI and I wanted to make sure I wasn't in back labor.  I wasn't there terribly long and it's actually given me a sense of peace and calm having been in a room and knowing a bit more of what to expect.  And the rooms were so quiet compared to the room I had at the U!  But I did finally, intimately, get to know what people say when they say it hurts to get checked.  I've been checked many times and it was uncomfortable and lots of pressure but this time it HURT.  Like OWWW!  I bled for days thanks to the nurse with nubbins for fingers.  Granted my uterus is tipped and my cervix is still quite high (drop baby boy, drop!) but everyone else has been able to figure it out.  It was horrible.  Everything came back pretty normal so it seems like I am contracting in my back.  I've been rudely awakened by those a few times this week.  Baby looked great and my last blood pressure before I left was 114/67 so that was awesome!

I also got a glider from a family member and my mom took the cushions and got them refinished.  I love them!  

To Do: Finish up a few projects and deep clean a few things.  Make a few returns and shop for a few last minute items.  Bag is pretty much packed and car seat is installed.


No comments: