Thursday, June 25, 2015

31 Weeks **Baby #2**

Symptoms:  My back has been insufferable lately.  I picked Zoey up last week, not strangely, and I just felt something move.  It was horrible.  The next day it was ok and it's been awful since.  The only relief I've gotten was in the pool at swim lessons today, the water took all the pressure off.  I ended up going to the chiropractor (when my back felt ok all afternoon) and I was SUPER tight, he could barely manipulate me.  I think a massage may be in order.

I've been having big blood pressure swings.  Low to high.  I've also kind of had a constant headache which I think correlates more with dehydration and my neck being out of whack more than the blood pressure.

My energy is quite low, I'm an easy-bake oven, swelling is minimal, probably more heat-related.  Baby boy is crazy active.  I thought he was going to jump out of my stomach at some point.

Cravings:  Nothing in particular.  Sometimes I get hungry in the middle of the night and pop a few almonds.

Clothing:  I wish I could live in my swimming suit and not have to be outside.  Is this the hottest June or what?!?

To  Remember:  Zoey had been pretending she's a monkey lately.  She'll pretend to climb up a tree and eat a banana and even swing.  I in turn, she calls, elephant.  I guess if the shoe fits...LOL

My doc appointment went pretty well this week.  I checked my blood pressure before I left since I wasn't feeling well and it was 96/61 and by the time I drove there and they checked it, it was 139/72.  Huh.  I met with the PA and she said they have a low threshold with me and anything over 140/90 they'd send me for labs, etc.  All the fun stuff.  I was quite nervous because my doc is still gone, I had no idea what to expect and how things are going to go now my doctor is out.  We talked a lot and I got all teary (hormones) and I actually made her get all teary and cry too!  A bunch of girls I tell ya.  

So my birth plan is in my chart.  If I have the baby before my doctor is back I get whatever doctor is on call.  I was promised the doctor will NOT be on a date this time and will be at the hospital for 24 hours and the furthest they'll be is the cafeteria.  And ALL doctors at that practice are good and qualified.  Baby boy sounded good but kept running away from the Doppler.  I am now on the 2 week plan (eek!) and will be on the 1 week plan by the end of July.  At that point we get to do another ultrasound to see if he's head down and I'm excited to see him again.  I have this gut feeling that my blood pressure is going to be an issue again and deja vu will happen.  Dallin and I did get our Tdap boosters while we were there.

To Do: Not freak out.  Visited my friend who just had her second and I'm realizing that these kids DO have to come out at some point.  Not sure how the transition will go and already feeling overwhelmed and an insane amount of guilt.

No comments: