Some cute little characteristics about Zoey I want to remember:
She always makes these little fists but sticks her pointer finger over her clenched thumb. I've tried it and it's really uncomfortable.
For the first few days after she was born, we kept finding little pieces of glitter on her. She was wrapped in the hospital clothes and blankets so I have no idea where it came from. We think from heaven - letting us know she's our little princess.
She scowls and furrows her brow quite a lot. Also wrinkles her forehead. My mom says this comes from my grandma (my mom's mom).
She has a little birthmark by her left knee. It's teeny tiny. She also has a "stork bite" by her left eyebrow. It's faded but when she gets upset it pops out. It's just a pressure mark from birth.
She gets the hiccups a ridiculous amount of times a day. They are the nasty ones which seem like her insides are going to come out, it breaks my heart. She always looks so concerned/bugged when she gets them. Sometimes it makes her spit up.
Her nicknames are Zo Zo, Zo Zo Bean, Munchie, Munch Munch and Crunch & Munch.
Sometimes she'll stick her big toe straight up in the air just like her grandma (my mom). I, again, have tried to do this but my toes don't really move independently so I don't know how she does it.
She loves to cuddle on my chest right under my chin. There is something special about being able to calm her just with my presence. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Her fingernails grow so fast! I had to trim them right after she was born and have already trimmed them again since she likes her hands by her face and inadvertently scratches herself.
Dallin put a BYU hat on her head that his brother had given her. She cried. Atta girl!
Her diaper is tricky to change. We open it up and give her a chance to pee but without fail, every time we move the diaper she pees and it goes everywhere. This especially happens right after I've washed and placed and new changing mat down. I tricked her today though. I opened the diaper, wiped her with the cold wipe then closed her back up. She peed, then I was able to wipe her with a clean wipe and put a clean diaper on. We saved one outfit today!
Zoey always stares at a corner in our room. Wherever she is in the room, her eyes are always drawn to that corner and she'll watch and follow whatever/whoever is over there. She'll frequently smile that direction too. I wonder who it is, but feel strongly it's my grandma and probably some other loved ones as well.
One of the reasons I love nursing her is sometimes she'll wrap her little hand around my finger. Also, that I get to memorize every feature. I still am dumbfounded by the absolute miracle she is. I take in every fingernail, every vein in the eye, her fuzzy ears and just marvel at how one little cell created something so perfect and beautiful. How every part was created and knew where to go and every intricacy was accounted for. I get all choked up just thinking about it. She testifies of God, as we all do, but there is just something about the newness of her and the peace she brings into our home.
1 comment:
So sweet! I love it!
And on the milk thing... (well, all of the previous post)... you are definitely not alone. It took a $3,000 surgery to get pregnant with our first and I felt truly and completely blessed. I was determined to be the best mom in the world... and my milk didn't come in. I tried all the extra pumpings, lactation specialists, hollistic remedies... nothing. She would latch, suck, get frustrated, scream for 45 mins, latch suck, get frustrated... on and on. Sometimes your milk doesn't fully come in until about week 5... mine just never did. I felt like I was an utter and complete failure. I was letting my baby down somehow. I had to formula feed her. It wasn't until baby #3 that I realized that it wasn't that bad. All my babies are happy, healthy, smart and loved whether they were formula fed or not. (I have PCOS/Insulin Resistance... insulin and hormone problems can make you either over produce or under produce. With me it was under. I have 5 sister in laws that had babies at the same time as me... With a half hour pumping I'd get 2 ozs of milk... with 5 minutes pumping they'd get anywhere from 2-10 ozs... it kind of stunk.)
Post a Comment