Saturday, March 23, 2013

Baby Letter

Dated February 1, 2013

Dear Baby -

I've sure loved having you as my little buddy the last 9 months. I'm sure going to miss the kicks, jabs, rolling motions and flutters. It lets me know you're ok. I won't have that when you're out in the big, scary world. I can protect you where you're at. But, oh, I'm excited to meet you. And so are a whole bunch of people. You are SO loved already - you can't even imagine. So many people have prayed for your arrival and are anxiously awaiting seeing your cute little face. Your 10 fingers and 10 toes, your fuzzy little ears and whether or not you have hair. We think you do because of the heartburn you've cased.

I just wish I knew your name. I even went to the temple to pray about it because it's stressing me out a bit. I felt like when we see you, we'll know. It's a big decision though! I hope you like what we pick.

You'll probably hear many times of how hard Dad and I worked to get you. How close it came to you not even being a possibility. You truly are our miracle. You have strengthened our testimony - and that of countless others - of a true and living God. One who hears and answers prayers and is cognizant of His children and the desires of their hearts.

When I first found out about you, I collapsed on the floor in a heap of sobs pouring out gratitude to my Heavenly Father. I was truly witnessing the biggest miracle of my mortal existence and was so overwhelmed with emotion. I will NEVER forget that moment. It is so sacred to me. In the quiet confines of the bathroom, I found out I was going to be a mother - your mother - and was being blessed with the biggest blessing a woman could ever know. I'd never felt closer to God.

I was a nervous wreck for weeks. So worried I'd lose you. I still fear that. The days dragged on and on and on. Then I started to feel those first few flutters of life. I'd sit in my car on my lunch break trying to take a little nap, I was so exhausted, but couldn't sleep trying to feel your little kicks. Your way of communicating with me. How fun it was when Dad could feel them too. It made you real. We were mesmerized. My favorite was when you'd get the hiccups. It made me giggle so hard. It seemed like you got them a lot after I ate - especially fruit.

We are counting down the days until we get to hold you in our arms - my precious baby girl. We know our lives are changing forever - for the better. It'll be fun to see if your feisty, stubborn personality sticks.

I'll miss you inside. It's been hard at times and I've tried not to complain. One thing is for sure - I've never, ever taken it for granted. I've loved thinking about you, dreaming about you, every second of every day. I'm sure that will continue. You are special, of that I am sure. I hope you recognize that and never doubt our love for you.

Until we meet,
Mom

No comments: