Friday, September 14, 2012

**Week 16

Maternity clothes: ALMOST.  I really almost busted them out on Tuesday but couldn't bring myself to do it so I suffered through my jeans with an elastic band and it cut into my middle the whole day and I learned that was a really stupid idea.  I still have 2 pairs of capris that I wear unbuttoned and those are my go-to pants right now.

Cravings: This week it's been watermelon and broccoli cheese soup.  Again, not together.  I really feel like my appetite is starting to come back.

Symptoms: Nothing consistent.  Had a headache on Monday but those are rare now.  Nausea about every other day and I feel like rationing my Zofran.  I was VERY achy on Wednesday - EVERYWHERE.  I think I slept on my side too long (the last 20 weeks will be VERY interesting...) and fatigue, normal.

Exciting thing this week: Last night we decided to go and cheat and see if we could find out the baby's gender.  We went to a place at the Gateway and the lady was soooo patient with my uncooperative baby.  The baby was the biggest stinker and decided to put its hand between its legs so we couldn't see!  Of all the places to put a hand.  So we either have a very modest girl or a boy who needs a talking to.  We were there for an hour and she tried 4 times.  She had me go to the bathroom, take a 20 minute walk, go to the bathroom again and the little thing just tightened up its knees further.  From the little glimpse she got she thinks it's a girl but she said to not go out and buy all pink yet and we have to go back in next week to double-check.

We did get to see how much its grown and it was moving all over the place.  I couldn't feel it though. :(  With my placenta on the front, she said it may be another 4 weeks before I feel it.  We could see its arms and legs, hip bones, profile, jaw bone, hands and feet and all 10 fingers and 10 toes!  It just wouldn't show us the goods.  She said I have a stubborn baby and I have a feeling its going to give me a run for my money and we already know who's running the show.  Attitude already!  We did FINALLY get to hear the heartbeat though!  We've seen it plenty of times, we've just never heard it because it likes to hide behind my placenta and the little Doppler things aren't good enough to find the tiny little thing.  Dallin asked to hear it again and he was just in awe, it was so adorable.  It sounded like a train.  Everything looked wonderful!

Things to do: Get Mags walking.  She is almost (knock on wood) fully recovered but it still not confident enough on her leg to walk.  She sure tries though.  So we're working with her and taking her on little walks.  We may need to do a little physical therapy, I'm not sure.  She is back to her normal, happy self though, minus the full walking.  A pup we haven't seen in MONTHS.  I'm SO glad to see her play and rough house and eat and just not look so sad.  I also need to wash my baseboards and clean my carpets.  Have a feeling that won't get done for a bit though.

1 comment:

rozanny said...

Yay! I do hope it's a girl... I like my little boy too, but there's nothing like having a girl first... you have a built in buddy, helper, singer, dancer... whatever she decides to be!