We went back today to get a for sure on the sex of the baby and it's a: GIRL!!!!!!!!!
After last week, we were 85% sure but it was good to hear a confirmation and we definitely got a good look this time. Hands up by the end instead of between the legs. My has the little peanut grown in just 7 days! I could have watched that screen for hours, trying to memorize every fuzzy little line. But this time we were in and out in 10 minutes instead of an hour of coaxing.
Everything looked great. Seemed like the baby was sleeping as HR was down to 135 and just a little movement. I swear it (SHE, not IT anymore!) was curled up as tight as possible and her ankles were up by her ears. Had a cute little hand on her head like, "What are you people doing to me? Why won't you just leave me alone?" Well sweety, we're getting lots more peeks at you soon I think. Next week is my monthly doctor's appt. and if they can't find the heartbeat with the Doppler, which they have a devil of a time doing, they'll pull out the sonogram, then the week after is my second study appt. complete with ultrasound and the week after that is my 20 week ultrasound! Then I'm half way there!
The anxiety is setting in again. Now that we know what she is, it's a lot more real that we're going to be having a real, actual, little person and our lives will be changing forever. There really IS something inside me and it's coming sooner rather than later. So exciting but so frightening and SUCH a blessing.
So we're stoked! The only bummer is that I bought this cute little outfit with monkeys on it and I'm sad she won't be able to wear it. But you know what? I may make her anyway. :)
1 comment:
That's so exciting! I just love having Ada first. she's not the typical little girlie girl but she's a great helper and little girl clothes are so fun!
Post a Comment