
There aren't words to try and describe the U2 concert. I've been trying to think of how to explain it for the past few days and all I can come up with is AWESOME. These guys are the biggest band of my lifetime and I've been wanting to see them since they came to SLC in 1998 and my friends in high school who live up by the U sat in their hot tubs listening to the concert. I've been dying to see them since then. When word came that they were coming, I was sooo excited. We had a group of 8 and the second tickets went on sale, we bought some. We got tickets just off the 50-yard line on the 30th row, 14 months ago. The Bono had to go and break his back. If you watched him swing from that microphone too, you'd be surprised he didn't break more bones.

We braved the crowds and went and grabbed a bite to eat at Hires before the concert. They weren't that busy but we waited almost an HOUR for our food. By that time the concert was starting and we realized we didn't really care to see The Fray anyway. We tried to hop on Trax but couldn't even cross the street there were so many people on the platform, there was no room. Luckily we saw the bus coming up the street and hopped on. I haven't ridden the UTA since 9th grade. Did you know it costs $2.25 for a bus ticket now?? I'm used to paying a quarter so I about had a heart attack.

We finally made it to Rice Eccles and had to find my friend Melissa in the sea of people. The line to even get in the door was horrendous. By the time we got in our seats, The Fray was done. Oh well. We had heard U2 wouldn't hit the stage until 9 p.m. anyway so we sat and waited for about 70 minutes while the temperature dropped. It IS May right? I'm so glad we brought all the layers that we did.

After a couple rounds of the wave and stomping, the fervor was growing to a fever pitch. All of a sudden we were rocking out with Bono, The Edge and the other guys (no one really cares about them anyway, right?) These guys are the epitome of COOL. Not only did they bring the biggest stage to ever go on tour, it costs $1 million a day and 1500 men to put it together. They've been here for days putting it together. I was almost worried that I'd been so stoked for the concert that it would be a little bit of a let down but they did not disappoint. These guys have been doing this for years and have the money to do whatever they want and they sure put on a show. Probably one of the most spectacular concerts I've ever been to.
I sat/stood there in awe with my hubby, leaning my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes, the melody of With or Without You strumming through the speakers, Bono's rich voice belting out the notes. I couldn't help but think, life doesn't get any better than this.
For your viewing pleasure I have added this video so you could get the whole effect (almost) of how awesome the whole thing was. I must apologize for the bumpiness at the end of the video, Melissa pinched my bum.
1 comment:
I have seen them twice and both times were incredible. I really can't describe how jealous I am!
Post a Comment