I was really bummed about this race because I was sick and knew I wouldn't do well. I finished in 30:22 which I was SUPER happy about because I couldn't breathe through my nose (too much snot) and couldn't cough (would have to stop). It was really hard to get through and I walked a lot of the last mile but I thought I did well considering. Unfortunately, I think running caused my sickness to move into my lungs which gave me the pneumonia-type illness I think I had.
My mom seemed to enjoy herself a lot more this year. They showed up about 10 seconds before the start gun because she had to go register and get her survivor pins for her hat. All 11 of them. She didn't want to participate in the survivor walk but didn't cry this time so I think she is finally embracing the race and the beauty of it. Can't wait until next year and another pin for you momma.
2 comments:
Super cute picture of all the girls in your family. Wish I could have been there.
30:22 when your sick?! That was my time and I was healthy!! Man you kick some butt! Good job!!
Post a Comment