Friday, April 15, 2011

Grey's

**SPOILER ALERT** Now that I'm back to work part-time, I really miss my free time. Especially that time spent with Meredith, Christina, Alex and McDreamy. One of the time-wasting things that I really wanted to do while I was unemployed was catch up on Grey's Anatomy. I was a die-hard Grey's fan, then I met Dallin and that all went out the window because I spent every waking moment with him. So the last time I saw it on TV, was right around the end of season 4.

They are now on season 7 and I have all the seasons on DVD, I just haven't had the time to watch them since Dallin doesn't really want to join in. So, my last week of freedom was deemed my time to catch up. I got through the rest of season 4, all of season 5 and started season 6. At the risk of sounding extremely lazy and like a couch potato (I was!), I watched 32 seasons last week. At about 35 min. an episode, that was pretty much my part-time job, watching Grey's. I felt a little under the weather and it was rainy outside so what could have been better?

I've been very careful the last couple years to not watch ABC or read about what's been happening on the season so I could be surprised. That was hard! I would see things on msn.com and want to read them, but I didn't. I kind of knew Izzie got sick and I thought she died but GEORGE?!? I thought he'd go to the Army but they killed him off?! And he writes "007" in Mer's hand? Man, that one killed me! Did NOT see that coming.

So if you are ahead of me in Grey's, please keep those comments to yourself because I am not caught up yet. I watched an episode while Dallin was working and he's like, "This show is depressing." LOL I'm planning to catch up using my two days off a week but it may take me some more time. I hope not though, I can't get enough. It's like rediscovering a passion, I forgot how much I LOVE that show!

3 comments:

Sarah Preston said...

I can't ever give it up! But I must admit that watching a season of TV on DVD is the greatest thing ever. I have been known to watch a season or two in a few days myself.

Suz said...

I am a fan of the season DVDs too. Nothing is better than discovering a new show on DVD. I hate having to wait week to week for new episodes.

Mer said...

I know! It was SO SAD when George died and when they realized it was George. Heartbreak.