Sunday, April 24, 2011

Go Get 'Em

We had a lot of Easter festivities this year. We colored eggs for Family Night and I made some eggs for Maggie. This one has a paw print on it.

The Easter Bunny came and brought Maggie some new toys and a new bone. She went to the groomer's, or "spa" that weekend and they used this vanilla shampoo and she smells like the cream from an Oreo.

We had the annual Plaizier Easter Egg Hunt. Dallin and I strategized and ran to two different places. Mags was locked up on the deck upstairs and was going nuts watching us run around. Too bad she couldn't help me but she would have been more of a hindrance than anything. All the eggs that had numbers were for prizes (PEZ, bubbles, etc.), some were for gift cards and some were for cash envelopes. Dallin and I really cleaned up. It was so much fun! Again, there can't be anything funnier than watching a bunch of 30-year-olds run around and hunt for eggs and shove each other. These are all the eggs Dallin and I collected, filled up a whole cloth grocery bag. Now we have WAY too much candy!

Afterward we went to my parents to celebrate Easter too. Maggie'd been there once before when no one was there and only for a short while. She sniffed every little thing. We chased after her the whole night. She had a lot of fun though. She fell asleep by the time we hit Redwood Road, she was pooped!

It was so nice to have a day to contemplate the Atonement and the resurrection of our Savior. I was thinking how Christmas has become so generalized (Happy Holidays-boo) and am glad that there is still one day where it's completely religious and the Savior is the focus. My work was even closed for Good Friday! Weird, this IS Utah...We sang I Know That My Redeemer Lives to close Sacrament on Sunday and I couldn't help but get choked up from the Spirit. Such a peaceful day, today and 2,011 years ago.

No comments: