Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas

Well, my plan was to talk about Christmas and how I fell in love with the song Silent Night this year and how we were spoiled beyond anything we deserved, but my grandpa passed away yesterday so I wanted to share that.

He turned 90 a few weeks ago and really took a turn for the worse recently so it wasn't entirely unexpected. I got to say goodbye to him (or "see you later" as he preferred) on Saturday so that was nice. I feel peaceful about it; he was in so much pain. And there is a reverence knowing that he is back with God and his family who passed on before. Dallin and I had planned on going to the temple yesterday anyway so it was very fitting that we were able to spend time there with my other grandpa and contemplate the Plan and sit in the Celestial Room knowing that I'll see my grandpa again. It was really sweet. Here is the obituary.
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/deseretnews/obituary.aspx?n=ray-moore&pid=137992659

2 comments:

Megan and Cory said...

Sorry about your Grandpa, Amy. But isn't it so wonderful to have a testimony of the plan of salvation? It brings so much comfort! Let me know if you need anything. We're here for ya.

Anonymous said...

Wow, how lucky to have had him till he was 90. Thats amazing. Good job on keeping up the good spirits. Thank you for always sharing your testimony. Glad it was so peaceful.