Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Crafty

I did this cute holiday craft. It is a countdown to Christmas and has vinyl numbering on the blocks so you can change it every day. I'm not the best at modge-podge but I think I am getting better and was quite happy with the results!


On Saturday we met up with some friends at the Festival of Trees. They have a new baby and had brought along their little nephew so since we're nursery-tested and hopefully approved, we took the little guy around with us. I think the Festival of Trees must be torture for kids because they can't touch anything. He especially loved the rocking horses and the TV playing "UP." He was so mad when he couldn't watch the TV anymore. I was too because it was the most beautiful picture I've ever seen. It was a Sony but couldn't find what kind it was. Amazing. We bought him some little candies afterward to keep him happy. He downed the peanut butter cup, did ok with an M&M and made an absolute mess with the Tootsie Roll. Dallin and I were trying to keep him clean so he didn't touch us with messy hands. Dallin succeeded. The fun part was taking him to Red Robin afterward too. We fed him root beer, a little bit of shake, mozzarella sticks, mac and cheese (he ate with his hands and we told him to use the spoon and he'd pick the macaroni up off the spoon with his hands so it was a losing battle) and apple slices. I sure hope his mom isn't reading this...anyway it gave me a taste of how fun it'd be to have a niece or nephew that you can spoil rotten and feed and then send home!


Sinterklaas came and visited the Plaizier's this past weekend and brought us Jazz tickets to the Spurs game. My dad and Brett were also at the game and got to be a part of the human tunnel to welcome the players to the floor. After a while, my dad's section cleared out so we went down to the lower bowl to watch the remainder of the game.
The Bear made an appearance and silly stringed my brother and Mary since they were decked out in Spurs gear. It was such an intense, awesome game. Jeff called it the greatest game of his life and I still have a sore throat from all the screaming. And we won!




1 comment:

Confessions of a 30-Something Drama Queen said...

Cute! Will you email me those pics of Gunnar? Thanks!!