Ok, this post is heavy on the pictures. Thanksgiving was wonderful. We started with
Dallin's family and paced ourselves so we could hit up my family's Thanksgiving a few hours later. There are so many
Plaizier's that we had to have it at a church. I've never done that before. It was so delicious! This Thanksgiving I was especially thankful that my marriage survived the Holy War - barely.



My cute Grandma and Grandpa
Dallin's friend offered us free tickets to the Jazz game that night so we hit that up. We creamed the Bulls and even though we were on the very last row, it was a lot of fun. Suzanne and her brother Jeff came with us too.

Friday we started decorating our house. We have my grandparents old tree and I made sure to pull all the

branches out and it actually looked pretty decent. I'd still like a
pre-lit tree but I'll wait for the after-Christmas sales. I didn't have any ornament hangers so we could only hang the ornaments that were ready-made so we have about 10 ornaments on the tree. It's so random but I kind of like it. Thanks to my parents for our "First Christmas" ornament!

I was very excited to pull out all my decorations. I had so many that I had to put all the snowmen in a box and I'll break them out for January decorations. Snowmen are so cute. I was thrilled to finally put up my olive wood Nativity that I got in Bethlehem last summer. It is beautiful and is perfect on the mantle.



For family night we got in the holiday spirit and decorated gingerbread houses. This is something I
always enjoy, being surrounded by frosting and candy and getting to be creative. Unfortunately, I'm not very good at it. I was so patient and careful and no matter what I did, I ended up with globs. Globs on the roof, globs on the windows, globs in my hands, etc. I tried.
Here is our finished product.


Jeff hanging on every word of his man crush - Drew Brees
1 comment:
I love your gingerbread house. It turned out so good. I really like the peppermints leading up to the door.
Post a Comment