Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Time to Change the Batteries

A friend posted a Facebook status and I quietly laughed to myself and agreed. That had happened to me many a time. I got to experience it first-hand last night, again. "Why do smoke alarm batteries always die when you are trying to sleep?" I heard that inevitable chirp as I was trying to drift off to sleep last night. Luckily it was a few rooms and doors away so it was drowned out for the most part. The other part, I had to use earplugs.

EVERY TIME I've had to change an alarm battery, it's been in the middle of the night. I don't know if it's some sort of smoke alarm conspiracy or what. Unfortunately, there were no 9 Volts to be found in our house so it had to be dismantled this morning as the chirping got louder and longer. It'll have to wait for me to get home. Dallin slept peacefully through my wrestling with the stupid little thing. I hope I'm not the only one this has happened to.

On a random side note, I had an OLD feeling yesterday. I say that I'm old but don't really believe it and I know I'm not that old. But yesterday I realized I wasn't in Kansas (or 1999) anymore. I guess there is a new word used by the youngsters called a "Creeper." A creeper is a boy who is creepy and strange, or that's how I understood it. I guess youth is officially over when you're not in the "know" about cool, new words anymore. :(

No comments: