Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Trip to San Diego

This past weekend Dallin and I took off for San Diego with some good friends. I promised Dallin for his birthday (last summer) that we would go to a Philadelphia Eagles football game. We decided San Diego is a lot more fun than Oakland and a lot warmer than Philly so we decided on San Diego. We flew in Friday night and
started Saturday at Sea World. The last time I was at Sea World, I was so young I can only remember going but I don't know when. Maybe 6 years old? So I was so excited I could barely sleep the night before. I've always wanted to touch a dolphin so when they said we could feed them for $6, I totally was all for it! And they felt just like I thought, silky smooth. Now I want to hug one. Maybe next time. It was totally a highlight! They are such beautiful, intelligent animals. And so cute and friendly.

Next we took in the Shamu show and it was awesome to see these
huge animals do tricks. We also signed up to Dine with Shamu and our table was literally three feet away from the monsters! They are so beautiful and large! Dallin was so happy because he got a baggie to take Shamu cookies home in. We also saw some penguins, polar bears, the sea lion show, etc. By the time the sun went down (around 4 p.m.) it was getting chilly and we'd seen everything so we found a nearby sports bar to watch the Utah/TCU game. We got there and the game was already not looking good so we just enjoyed the food and atmosphere. We ended up at Kristy's Sports Bar which I guess is famous for Kristy spanking people. She tried to get Dallin to do it but we just ignored her because it was weird.

Sunday was the day of the big game. We left early to tailgate but there weren't any fun activities going on so we just watched the players warm up. It was an experience! We'd all never been to a real NFL game so to see the characters that come out, and are inebriated, was quite the experience. The Eagles sadly lost. Later that night we went out to dinner and had a Messy Sundae. It was messy and oh so good!



Ty and Shannon left the next morning but Dallin and I had a late afternoon flight so we were super lazy and then caught a taxi to lunch. We had yummy Mexican food and then went to the airport. We tried to bask in all the San Diego sun and soak it up before returning to cold, dreary Utah. It was so fun to get away and so relaxing. Just what we needed. And it was awesome to spend time with friends!






2 comments:

Suz said...

Looks like it was a blast. Sunny San Diego sounds like paradise. I think I just added swim with dolphins to my bucket list.

Maria said...

I LOVE San Diego! Looks like it was a fun trip!