Friday, November 6, 2009

True Story

It came to my attention the other day that I have been referring to our next door neighbors by the wrong last name (luckily not to their faces). I don't know how long I've been doing that but long enough to feel stupid. Somewhere along the way I transposed a few letters and ended up with a whole new last name for them. Glad that got all cleared up.

I was also going through my mission journal yesterday looking for this and that and came across the first sentence of this post: "Today I almost got my eyebrows shaved off by a transvestite." I had totally forgot about that story! LOL. So in my last area, there was this one street where a bunch of men dressed like women (Vegas-like) and they owned a bunch of salons. I hated the shape of my eyebrows so I let them grow out my whole mission since I wasn't trying to impress anybody and my "I'm going to be a cute sister missionary" philosophy went out the door on day 2 of the scorching heat. So I went to go get my eyebrows waxed the week before I went home. We thought it'd be fun (and entertaining) to go to the transvestite salon and he/she pulled out a Bic razor. I thought it was a joke since I had clearly asked for wax but as the razor started moving toward my face, I stopped him/her and jumped out of the chair and ran away. And I think I laughed for two days. So that is how I almost got my eyebrows shaved off by a man/girl.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Hahahahahahahah! The sad thing about all this is that I can completely relate.