Monday, December 21, 2009

Choir Full Circle


Last week we went to my little sister's choir Christmas concert. It was a real awakening for me because she is now the age I was when she was born. She was actually born on the day of my first concert so I went to the hospital right before I went on stage and my grandparents had to fill in for the parents.
It blew my mind how small the kids still were. All the boys had these high-pitched voices. I used to think a select few were so cute, even though they hadn't been through puberty, and that I was really old. Now I've doubled in age - LOL.
It was fun to go and reminisce about old times and show Dallin where I went to school. The place sure looks a whole lot smaller now that I'm bigger. It brought back lots of memories. But I'll tell you what, I do not miss the junior high years what so ever. Some of the poor kids, ok, 99% of them, looked so awkward and lost in life. My sister is one of the lucky 1% who gracefully has embraced teenagedom. It made me remember when I felt awkward and I reflected on if any time of life is actually easy. When you're a baby you can't do anything and grow so fast so that's exhausting. Being a little kid seems hard when you're there since you're trying to learn so much. Teenage years - enough said. Then you grow up to be an adult and you cycle through all those things with your children and have to do grown-up things like fight with insurance companies. Then you get old like my grandparents where you have to wear a diaper and can't get out of bed. This definitely is a test! Back on track - it was nice to listen to Christmas music and did help me get in the Christmas Spirit a little bit. I've been having a hard time with that this year because it's been so busy! Good job Becks!

No comments: