Monday, June 15, 2009

Split and S'mores

Our branch split happened yesterday. They made it a branch and a ward, which we anticipated. We even pretty much guessed the boundaries right. We ended up in the ward since development by our house is done. I was glad about that because it increased our chances of staying in nursery. They told everyone to stay close to their phones the next two weeks (while we only have Sacrament meeting!) while they hand out new callings. We had 14 kids yesterday and most of the annoying kids (and their parents) ended up in the branch so I'm excited to keep the little ones that are doing so well. My favorite little girl is staying in the ward too - she is so adorable! Since the new 2nd counselor's daughter is in our nursery, and for some reason really likes us (after she lays her head down on a chair and cries for a few minutes after her parents leave), I hope we stay. The kids are being so good and I figured out that if I blow bubbles when they come in, it's a welcome distraction and parents can slip away easily and kids LOVE bubbles. They'd make me blow them all day if I'd let them.

We also made s'mores on our stove on Saturday. It was WAY better than camping for two reasons. 1. The kitchen sink was conveniently located 2 feet away to promptly wash off sticky marshmallow - which is very important for those of us who hate being sticky. 2. NO campfire smell! YEA! I hate that smell and it's worse because it lingers in your hair and on all things it touches. We used all the extra marshmallows for nursery which was pretty funny because 2-year-olds like to stuff the whole thing in their mouths and then can't talk; so the purpose is two-fold. But also leaves sticky disasters on faces - ick.

No comments: