Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Shalom

Just a little flashback to the best trip I've ever taken in my life - Israel, Egypt and Jordan. It was a year ago that Suz and I were hopping around the Middle East (complete with private security guards and a military escort at some points). I yearn to go back. I've never connected with a place so quickly as I did Israel. I feel it calling me sometimes. Sounds cheesy - but it's true. I feel like part of me is there. As Suzanne so eloquently put it, "I've never been so miserable, but so happy all at the same time." That summed up the trip! It was hot, non-stop and foreign, but by far the most wonderful place in the world (Egypt excluded - it's dirty!) and I hope I have a chance to relive the trip of a lifetime again (minus bet-Lehi - carsickness+desert sun+West Bank does not equal fun). It was also a time that I realize I couldn't live without Dallin and that my life wasn't complete without him - a part of me was missing and was back home in Utah. It was a real turning point for both of us and things got really serious really fast and we got engaged shortly thereafter! Enjoy the pictures.
Me in our hotel in Cairo overlooking the Nile River.








The American "Kingdom" - Micky D's.








Me by the sphinx and pyramids.











Dome of the Rock.











Wailing Wall.











Garden of Gethsemane.








Garden Tomb











Floating in the Dead Sea, you really float!








Riding a camel up Mt. Sinai in the middle of the night. My first (and last!) time.







Suzanne and me watching the sunrise from the top of Mt. Sinai.








The Treasury at Petra.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I love trips like that!

Suz said...

Loved your post! I would do parts of it all over again too.