Sunday, November 1, 2015

More Halloween

We tried to jam-pack Halloween festivities in.  It was nice to have something different to do.  We did Frightmares and the next fun thing we did was the Rec Center Spooktacular.  Zoey was so excited to be in her costume and we convinced her to forgo the Ana shoes since they are hard to walk in and pretty slippery.  We got there a bit after it started and it wasn't terribly crowded yet.  She did some games and bounced in the bounce house.  Since there was no one else there they let her go extra long on her ticket.  She did a little trick or treating and then kept saying she wanted to do the big blow-up slide.  I thought for sure she'd chicken out but she definitely wanted to do it!  I knew there was no way she could get up the slippery blow-up stairs herself so they let me help her - more like push her up two stories!  I was sore for days after trying to hang on myself and push her up.  And she slid right down!  I put my elbow down to steer myself into not crashing into her and burned it real nice but it's ok now.  They also had a super cute haunted swamp where they'd take canoe rides around the lap pool.  I thought she'd be too scared for that too but she had a blast.  We played more games and called it a night!

One family night we decided to paint pumpkins since time was running short to carve.  I think Zoey had the best time.

We went to story time at the Centerville library and they did a little trick or treating afterward.  There were only about 5 stations that gave out things but the kids still had fun.  The highlight may have been the park and Wendy's afterward.  Man, the weather was BEAUTIFUL!

We went to my mom's ward's trunk or treat.  It was a pretty big bust.  They started with a dinner and didn't get to trick or treating for TWO hours.  It was almost 8 when they started and everyone was bored and tired (or was that just me?).  It was rainy and cold and there were only like 10 cars that handed out candy so it wasn't that much fun.  Boo!

Suzanne and Phin also invited us over to decorate sugar cookies.  Zoey had so much fun dumping the "sprinkakles" on and eating them.  They were so yummy!


 We didn't head to the rest home trick or treating because I opted for a nap for Zoey instead since her schedule had been all kinds of goofy.  We did go to the Chik-fil-A trunk or treat which was fun because there was awesome candy, not a ton of people and some good coupons for the parents.  Zoey even got to see the Chik-fil-a cow (which she is terrified of but wanted to go up to) and a Kung-fu Panda.
On actual Halloween, Dallin and I spent a ton of time winterizing our yard.  After nap time, Allie and Jeff came with Zoey and I and we headed to Main Street in Bountiful.  I forgot how far some of the businesses are from each other and ended up carrying her most of the way.  It was pretty crowded and we called it good after a few blocks.  Then we headed over to Colonial Square since everything is super close together and I figured it'd be less crowded.  Bingo!  We got through there rather quickly and headed home for Mummy dogs (pigs in a blanket).  Then Dallin took Zoey out to some neighbors and I handed out candy.  We decided to venture further into the neighborhood and left a bowl of candy on our porch.  And there was still candy in it when we got back!  Maybe because we forgot to turn the porch light on, but I was still quite surprised since there was a big dent of dum-dums gone.

So overall, we had an awesome Halloween.  It was exhausting but Zoey loved it.  Our neighborhood was awesome at handing out full-sized candy bars, chips, mini sodas, Capri Suns and lots of unconventional things which I thought was fun.  We just need to teach Zoey how to pick better candy.  If it was a sucker or green, it got picked.  I can't tell you how many times she picked Whoppers or licorice over Snickers - ick!  LOL

1 comment:

Suz said...

It is kind of sad that Halloween is over...I had so much fun with all of the activities leading up to it.