Monday, November 16, 2015

Disneyland Days 5 & 6


Sunday we got up and went to the Garden Grove 1st Ward.  It was the primary program and joint with the Vietnamese ward.  Connor was not having it and I ended up in the hall or the Mother's Room with him the whole time.  He finally fell asleep.  I was sitting in the hall with him and this elderly gentleman's feeding tube machine kept going off.  I watching him struggle with super shaky hands and kept thinking, "Go help him, go help him" but didn't want to wake the baby.  Connor finally stirred and I couldn't ignore it anymore so I went and helped him press the buttons.  I was glad I did so he could get the nourishment he needed!  He was so appreciative, it made me feel so good.  But as the meeting wore on and finally concluded, the thing kept beeping and I couldn't figure it out.  I went and got my mom and it seemed like the line was pinched.  I think we finally got him squared away and had his daughter come help but I hope it kept working properly so he could "eat."

After church we were going to go see the building my dad teaches in but the baby was fussy and we didn't go.  We went to the hotel and changed and headed to El Torrito Grill for Sunday brunch as was recommended by my friend Tawny.  It was over by the airport and I wasn't sure what to think about a Mexican restaurant serving brunch but it was really good!  Everyone seemed to really enjoy it.  Especially the churros!  There was an AMAZING balloon lady there who made Zoey an incredible Minnie Mouse balloon (to match Zoey's Minnie Mouse dress she wore to church and insisted on wearing all day) for $5!  Zoey even popped an ear right after she made it and she fixed it.  I have never seen anyone make such cool balloon animals so quickly.  She said she makes a ridiculous amount of money doing it and left her interior design job to do it so I guess I need to learn how to make balloon animals.

We then drove around Newport to see the temple and where my parents' friends the Hassey's have a home.  We didn't go to the beach because it was cold and windy and the baby was getting hungry again.  We dropped Greg and Ashley off at the airport (they left a day earlier than us) and headed back to the hotel for naps.  And I actually got one too!  It was amazing.  After naps we went to dinner at Bubba Gumps (or Bubble Gums as Zoey calls it) to celebrate Becky's birthday.  Don't worry, we celebrated her birthday at every restaurant even though her birthday was 10 days prior.  Connor was still really fussy and made for a difficult dinner.  We headed back to the hotel afterward and my parents and Becky went to meet with her fiance's family (they live close by) to do some wedding planning and we all went to bed.

The next morning we took it slow and easy and headed to Downtown Disney for some last-minute shopping, a quick Target run to buy some formula to make it through the plane ride home and went to the airport.  We were greeted by freezing cold temperatures and cloudy skies.  We had such a great time though and made some incredible memories.  It was so fun to see the magic light up in Zoey's eyes and all she talks about is Disneyland.  I can't wait to go back.

No comments: