Saturday, November 14, 2015

Disneyland Day 4


Zoey has an an aversion to baths lately.  She used to love them until she pooped in the bathtub two separate times and now hates them because "she has pee pee in her bum."  We threw her in the tub anyway on Saturday and told her she could tell the characters that she took a bath for them.  And that she did.  Every. Single. One. Of. Them.  She told them she was all clean because she took a bath.  LOL

We started this day at California Adventure again since we got a late start and were having lunch with the princesses there.  When we got there Mickey was out so we waited in line to see him and looked to see what other characters were out (the Disneyland app tells you wait times and where the characters currently are and it was AWESOME).  We went to find Mr. and Mrs. Incredible but got distracted by Doc McStuffins and then headed back because Zoey wanted to see Minnie.  One of the workers told us where she would be in about 10 minutes so we waited and were first in line to see her! Zoey had a bubble gun and blew bubbles at Minnie and Minnie popped them and played around with her and spent time with her.  It was so cute and made up for the twit Minnie the day before.  Santa was also there and we asked Zoey if she wanted to meet him and I was shocked when she said yes.  We got up to the front and she changed her mind and covered her eyes.  I actually convinced her to sit down and talk to him and he asked her what she wanted for Christmas and she whispered a candy cane.  Easy enough.  Then he asked her if she wanted anything else and she said a swing.  We sure hope the big guy can deliver because she's been asking for one for months thanks to the idea seed planted by her Papa.  And as luck would have it, one of Santa's elves handed him a candy cane to give to her.  She was in heaven and I praised her for how brave she was to talk to him and she told EVERYONE.
After Santa we headed to Soarin' Over California.  She was too little for the ride so we did the stroller swap and my dad and Brian stayed with the kiddos.  After that it was time to run to Ariel's Grotto for our princess lunch!  We threw on Zoey's Ariel costume and headed in.  It was just the girls...and Dallin. :)  We were met at the bottom of the stairs by Ariel herself who took pictures with Zoey.  She was in heaven.  We had a delicious three course lunch.  I had the salad, tri tip and dessert.  Zoey was totally free and they brought her a cup of raw veggies and a plate of spaghetti and a roll and she proceeded to eat everything.  She didn't touch her dessert but I was so glad to see her eat, she had hardly eaten anything all trip, I think she was just too excited.  She must have been starving.  After the princess lunch we rode California Screamin' and all kind of split up.  Dallin went to save a place for the Pixar parade and Brian and I took Zoey to a sneak peek of The Good Dinosaur and on a few rides in Bugs World.  We set up camp for the parade and it was cute.  I was a little disappointed the Inside Out characters weren't part of the pre-parade, like they were supposed to be.  Connor loved watching the floats but I forgot how darn loud parades can be.  Zoey also got to meet Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates and she told him we watch his show, haha.

Then we headed back over to Disneyland to finish up a few rides.  Mainly, the Jungle (now Jingle) Cruise and a couple others.  After the cruise Zoey had an epic meltdown and I realized she was hangry.  I was tired and frustrated and had about had it with her but after she ate she was much more pleasant.  I told her one more ride and she picked Dumbo again.  So off we went to wait in line for Dumbo and fought the pre-parade crowds.  She loved it and still claims Dumbo is her favorite ride.  I don't blame her, it was my favorite as a child too.

I was sad we didn't make it on It's a Small World but the lines were crazy long every day.  I just wanted to see how it was different for Christmastime.  Disneyland was super adorable all decked out for the holidays (and their 60th Diamond Anniversary too).  I also thought it would have been fun to take her on the Tea Cups after she laughed hysterically going in circles on Buzz but we didn't make it there either.  We were just too darn tired.  It'll give us something to come back to.

After the last ride we started to make our way out.  It was so so crowded because the parade was about to start.  At the top of Main Street some workers pointed us down a back alley to take us to the gates and avoid the crowds.  It was heavenly.  Kind of weird to see the back streets of Disneyland by the boilers and employee bathrooms but I was so glad I didn't have to manuver a stroller through the thick of things.  Zoey sat down and laid her her on Connor's car seat and was out like a light.  She didn't even wake up as we put her jacket on, carried her on and off the shuttle, put her PJs on, nothing.  And she is a light sleeper!  I think she was plumb wore out.  

I was so sad to leave Disneyland.  As exhausting as it was, I could have stayed a week in the park.  Although it was the general concensus of everyone else that they wished we wouldn't have done three days straight and would have had a down day in between somewhere.  I just love the atmosphere, the energy, the helpfulness, the cleanliness and the magic of it all.  I would go back tomorrow if I could!


No comments: