
Zoey went to her first BYU game. She kept calling it the By-you (Bayou) game. She'd been asking to watch a football game outside with tickets for a while. Saturday was a convenient game because it was after naptime and the weather was warm. It was just a fun day all-around.

We started the day with a baby shower for my sister-in-law, Allie. Zoey's little 2nd cousin came over and played at the shower with her then we hit the road to Provo so she could meet her cousin, Holden for the first time. The size difference between Holden and Connor was significant and amazing! Zoey loved her cousin and was so cute and motherly to him.

After hanging out for a while, I went and dropped Zoey, Dallin and Thomas off at the football game. While I was gone, Connor had a blowout on Angela. Nice. Glad I bought a spare set of clothes. Dallin said Zoey was so funny at the game. She first commented on how many people there were there. I don't think she's ever seen so many people in one area. Dallin told her at the game she could yell as loud as she wanted as much as she wanted and she took that to heart yelling, "Go Cougars!" much to my chagrin. Dallin and Thomas would tell her to yell, "Tackle him!" or "Make that block!" and she willingly obliged each time. They said she was by far the most vocal and loudest kid there. I bet it was quite entertaining.

Her papa was excited to take her to the team store and let her pick out whatever she wanted. He wanted to get her an authentic cheerleader outfit, a foam finger, and a bunch of other things but all she wanted was a small stuffed giraffe wearing a BYU shirt. He tried to convince her otherwise but she insisted that was all she wanted. I'm glad we didn't end up with a truckload of BYU stuff, haha. She also wanted popcorn. That girl will do anything for popcorn. So she was given a small bag as it doesn't always sit great with her.
She made it into the third quarter when she started to get bored and tired. I went and picked Zoey and Dallin up and we headed for home. She was so excited to tell me all about it and I think Dallin had a great time starting memories with her as he has such fond memories of going to games with his dad during his childhood. I had to make sure she yelled, "Go Utes!" a few times for good measure to make sure she didn't go completely to the dark side but was just so thrilled she had such a fun time.
On the way home, Thanksgiving Point was doing fireworks so we got treated to quite the show on the freeway. (Super distracting!) What more could a little girl ask for? (GO UTES!)
No comments:
Post a Comment