
We were generously invited to Frightmares with Suzanne and her family. I was proud of myself for braving the crowds with two children by myself. It was so hot that day and SO busy. We went the Thursday of UEA with the rest of Utah. We got there shortly after opening and Zoey had been so excited, until it came time to ride the rides. She absolutely refused the first one. I had Suzanne physically put her on the next one (the cars) with Phin and she came around the corner steering like a madwoman and she was hooked after that! Her favorite rides were the cars, the boats and Bulgy the Whale. I rode the Jeeps with her too and she thought that was pretty cool. What was ironic was the orange boat she chose was nicknamed the "Guppy" which is her nickname for her Uncle Jeff. He sure got a kick out of that!

Can we have a moment of silence for how awesome Connor was? There is no way I would have survived if he was less than stellar. He slept THE. WHOLE. TIME. I woke him up to feed him around 12:30 (60 minutes past his feeding time) while we all sat down for lunch. And he did ride the train with us and I held him through the two trick-or-treating areas. Other than that he stayed in his car seat in the stroller completely knocked out. That kid will sleep for HOURS in his car seat if I let him; he'll even miss meals, and this kid does not miss a meal. He was amazing.

We skipped naptime and stayed from 11-4. Around 4 everyone started to head home but I promised Zoey one more ride. She chose the cars. I didn't think it through very well because how was I supposed to push a huge stroller through the line and stay with Zoey? Wasn't going to happen. So I put Zoey in line and followed her from outside the line. A cute, kind, little girl, around 8, offered to help Zoey and kept ushering her through and talking to her. What a saint! I was so appreciative. She had her last ride and was zonked out in the car before we even hit Centerville.
It was so fun to go and start our Halloween festivities. It was nice to get some sun too! I'm loving this Indian Summer in October!
1 comment:
Thank you for coming! Connor was an angel!
Post a Comment