I've been surprisingly calm and mellow. My anxiety has stayed in check, unmedicated, at that. It's some sort of miracle. I've had my moments and sometimes emotions rush to the surface but overall, it's been ok!
I have had a lot of help. Dallin had to go to Seattle for the week when Connor was 10 days old (luckily not for two weeks which was the original plan) and my mom came over during the days and would stay until the kids went to bed. She's been over a lot actually. But we've started flying solo and been doing pretty well. It can get tricky trying to breast feed, bottle feed, and pump (milk didn't fully come in again), and have Zoey demanding things but one of them generally has to wait (which is usually Connor since he's not as loud).
Connor and I did develop thrush which has not been fun. We've both been on medication and now I have to add in washing and santizing all bottles, nipples and pump accessories after every feeding (which sucks at 4 a.m.) But we both seem to be getting a lot better.
The other day she decided she didn't want to wear diapers anymore and wanted to wear undies and I didn't want to discourage her so that's what we did. I was getting a little overwhelmed with the baby and her wanting to use the potty but she did not have one accident! She generally asks for a diaper when she has to poop but she did do #2 in the potty the other day and got her Minnie kite! (Which she promptly broke - boo). She's been doing well at wearing undies and telling me when she needs to go so I think we may be close! I'm not sure how I feel about it because I think diapers would make Disneyland in November a lot easier...
2 comments:
I'm so glad that you're doing so well! Each new baby has specific challenges and you are up to the challenge! Something my grandma always said and that I've been seeing a lot lately is, "You can do hard things." Sometimes that hard thing is making dinner with two kids screaming at your feet. Sometimes that hard thing is watching your baby go off to kindergarten without you. One way or the other, you are doing amazing! After my first baby, my challenge was not being able to breastfeed when I really wanted to. After my second, it was dealing with post-partum depression. My third seemed like a breeze but was the worst potty trainer... both of us in tears. My fourth was the worst pregnancy and worst newborn experience I've had yet. But I can honestly say that today, I'm happy.
1 month already! So happy that he has been a good baby for you!
Post a Comment