Monday, September 14, 2015

Zo Zo

Zoey says some of the cutest things.  She is so excited to meet and hold her baby brother.  She asks me frequently if he is coming out soon so she can hold him.  I hope the enthusiasm continues when he takes a lot of time and attention away from her.   She'll talk to him a lot and randomly come up and kiss my belly.  I'll miss those sweet moments of being pregnant.   You're pregnant for so long, it's strange when you aren't anymore...

She told me the other day how you go in the water or river to be baptized.  Thank you to her amazing nursery leaders - she is taking it all in!  She always yells after Sacrament Meeting, "Nursy time!"  I'm so glad she's excited because it took a few months in our new ward for her to be ok going.  She knows that we get married in the temple too.  So we frequently "drive" to the temple to get married or to go camping.  She's obsessed with both.

As we've been getting the baby's stuff ready she climbs in his car seat (her old car seat) and pretends to be a baby.  She's reverted a lot and likes to whine for things instead of using words and cry and use baby talk.  She never even used baby talk as a baby so it can be frustrating at times.

She is so excited for her baby brother though.  Every morning she greets him and gives him a kiss and tickle.  He always kicks when she does that, he responds to her most.  I'll ask her if she's going to hold him and she asks, "how?"  LOL - I tell her he's going to come out soon and then she can hold him so she tells everyone her baby brother is coming out soon.  Her little boyfriend just got a new baby brother also and she's obsessed.  She loves to touch his feet and kiss him on the head.

I love when I leave her for a while and she comes running to me, "Mommy!!!" (She does this every day to Dallin when he gets home from work, "Daddy!!" and I know it melts him).  She always says, "You came back!"  A nod to the "grown-ups come back" song from Daniel Tiger.

She also always asks for, "More one time" with whatever she is doing.  One more time on the slide, reading a bedtime story, etc.  It's so cute.  We usually always oblige because she is really so good and not asking again after her one more time.
She is starting to grow up so much and change.  She says a lot more words correctly but still struggles with her s's.  We'll be so sad when she doesn't say her cute little sayings like, "Open on it."  She's starting to like to watch Mickey Mouse, Bubble Guppies and Doc McStuffins more than Daniel Tiger or Curious George.  She will still occasionally pee in the potty but has no desire to leave diapers behind permanently. :(  

I love that she is still my snuggle-bug.  She has started having night terrors.  My Easter Bunny threat has come back to haunt me as she told me one night that he came to visit her.   I felt bad after that.  I use the Chik-fil-A cow as a threat at nap time because she REALLY still needs a nap and I need some rest time.  She's had some screaming fits in the middle of the night which is a rude awakening and I really need her to sleep with a newborn coming.  I know she has vivid dreams as she talks in her sleep.   So we're going to eliminate her pre-bed show and see if that keeps happy thoughts (even though she's not watching scary shows!).  It's just a sad thing to watch her go through.  She's already a nervous/anxious child in certain situations and about certain things.   It's something I really want to help her with.

She loves to play doctor and she is Doctor Zoey and I am Doctor Mommy.  We have to "call" everyone on her doctor phone and she tells them, "The baby not feeling today."  She always omits "good" from the sentence.  haha

She knows that grandma is my mom and Wela is Dallin's mom.  Smart cookie!

I love how she calls sprinklers and sprinkles "sprinkakles."

She is also big into pretend right now.  We pretend cook, make pretend salads and pies, she pretends to sleep, camp, be a princess, a frog, etc. etc.  My favorite is when she sticks something on her head and says, "I'm a bakery!"  Meaning - I'm a baker!



No comments: