Maternity clothes - obviously. I still have some shirts I've never worn!
Cravings - ice cold water right before bed - which makes me pee all night. Still ice cream and hamburgers.
Symptoms - high blood pressure. Ugh. I went in for my weekly appointment on Thursday and it was high. It usually is the first time they take it because I've been rushing to get there. Then they take it later and it's better. This time it earned me a trip to the OB ER - 146/90. I was there for HOURS. (Which made for a "fun" 10 hour workday today to make up the time. Wait, I thought I was on salary...!!!) They hooked me and the baby up to monitors and Dallin and my mom waited with me. They drew labs, I peed in more cups, and tried to relax and take a little nap. Dallin gave me a blessing and immediately my pressure started to come down. Once my labs came back clean - no signs of preeclampsia - and my pressure had stayed in a good range, they discharged me with orders to do biweekly non-stress tests. It hit me there that we could be having a baby TODAY. If the pressure didn't come down, they would have sent me home on bed rest or induced me. That freaked me out a bit and made it so much more real that the actual "today" is right around the corner. Luckily, baby was fine too and gets to camp out a bit longer. They checked my fluids while I was there and everything looks great. It was fun to peek at her and we got great shots of 10 fingers and 10 toes. She didn't want us to see her face or verify that she is in fact a girl, so we're really hoping my nightmares of her being a boy are just that - nightmares.
Exciting thing this week - as annoying as it was to be in the hospital, getting to see her was very exciting. Dallin also got to feel her do some sort of somersault - he'd never felt her that hard. I think it was a knee stretching.
I did get the car seat all ready with blankets and covers and the diaper bag ready with her going home outfit safely tucked away.
To do - had a severe reality check while laying in that hospital bed as to how much I still have left to do. We are getting a dresser set up tomorrow and hopefully organized. I need to finish our taxes and Dallin will set up the Pack n' Play. We're also going to go on a date and relish the last little bit of time as just the two of us. Packing my hospital bag tomorrow too. And REST - I have to in order to keep her baking. We're so excited to meet her!!

2 comments:
Yay! It's getting close! You look fabulous!!
Well, if you get bored... let me know and we'll come visit/help with anything you need!
Post a Comment