3 days later I got this:

I feel like a big ol' idiot. Have you seen the clip of this new TV show? Watch the first 20 seconds of this trailer, particularly when the grandma is talking in the car. Dallin thought it'd be cool if it happened to us. TOTALLY DID. I really did think I was getting a new vampire baby and it really has grown a face and is a real baby.
My rant post was because when I went in, my uterus was off the charts and my Progesterone was 9.2. The lady there was excited at those levels because they were First Trimester levels but I KNEW it wasn't a good level. Last July it was at 30! She said my uterus could be implanting but I KNEW I wasn't pregnant. After stewing for a few days, I asked her if it could be a fibroid and she said yes but that they'd get rid of it. I was so MAD! Was it not June? The promised month? And then I'm back to square one? And I was late because of a new stupid tumor? Life likes to play cruel jokes on me.
![]() |
| Almost 12 week ultrasound |
Saturday morning, June 23 I decided to take a test to prove that my new vampire baby was throwing off my cycle and all those shakes had been in vain. I kind of left the test knowing what it was going to say. When I glanced back, my eyes searched frantically for the NOT that I KNEW was hiding. Maybe it was faint. As my brain started to process the letters, I started to shake as sobs ripped through my body. I collapsed in a heap on the bathroom floor trying to catch my breath, racked with tears of gratitude and shock. Choking out a prayer in my sobs. What an absolute MIRACLE I was witnessing. If ever there was a miracle known in my life, this was it. The biggest one yet. Our dreams were being realized.
![]() |
| 13 weeks, don't mind my bunchy pants, it was all I could do to button them. |
I pulled myself together and climbed into bed next to a snoozing Dallin and shook him awake telling him he had to see something. "What?" he asked. "A pregnancy test," I said. "What does it say?" he whispered? "You'll have to read it yourself," I said. He sat up, arms of victory raised in the air and then flopped back down. We laughed, we cried, but most of all we poured out our hearts in prayer.
We had never wanted anything so bad, prayed so hard and worked month after frustrating month for anything like this. NEVER have I been so grateful, humbled or speechless. There are not words to express our thankfulness. So all I can do is bear humble, fervent witness of a loving, mindful Heavenly Father, who hears and answers prayers and has not ceased to be a God of Miracles.


7 comments:
Congratulations, I am so happy for you! Good luck with everything
okay, totally bawling now! I know we had different struggles, but I could so relate to when you described your feelings about finding out you were pregnant. Those are such special, sacred and wonderful feelings, and I remember them clearly. I am so happy you get to experience this. SO thrilled for you, enjoy the ride!
That is so exciting! I'm so glad that this is finally happening for you guys! Can't wait to meet your cute baby in March!
Beautiful post! I am so excited for you and Dallin and for this cute one that gets to come to you!
So exciting!! I have tears of joy for you!
Congrats! SO happy for you and your family. :)
Yay! I'm crying for you! I'm so excited! Let me know what you're doing your nursery in and I'm going to make you a baby blanket!
Post a Comment