Monday, August 27, 2012

VERY Blessed and Awed

Our exciting day on June 23 was just beginning.  I somehow had to get Dallin to his surprise birthday party.  Boy, was he confused.  He told me later he thought the party was about the baby and was wondering how everybody already knew.  I assured him no one knew, it was just for his birthday.  We celebrated; probably a little extra on the inside.

I called the Health Spot and they shared the wonderful news that I didn't need to take my icky shakes anymore!  They also had be go in for blood work on Monday.  HCG 1340 and Progesterone 24.  Good and very pregnant!

My doctor initially said March 2, but my app and now my
doctor confirmed March 1, 2013.
Then the anxiety set in.  I'd weaned myself off the Zoloft and the things my brain would come up with...every little twinge, pain, non-sickness, I knew it was bad. (I didn't know you cramped a bit in early pregnancy with things moving around).  Things were too good to be true I told myself.  I panicked every second of every day.  Those first two weeks were brutal and went on FOREVER.  Dallin and my mom were big sources of comfort and voices of reason.  I slowly started to calm down.

We took our first trip to the store and I bought everything that didn't make me want to vomit.  Pickles, ranch, chips, cherries, etc.  Unfortunately, after one bite of each, I never wanted to see it again (except for pickles and ranch and root beer Popsicles - which taste like wood sticks but I still can't get enough.  And not all together).  And don't even talk about peanut butter sandwiches in my presence.  Ick.  After a bad experience with carrots, not them either.

My nausea was alive and well and generally hit during work which made for a fun day.  After 13 nerve-wracking weeks (and 3 peeks at the peanut!) I'm finally starting to feel a bit more human.  Zofran has been my happy pill for the last 3 weeks and I get surges of energy I forgot existed.  My clothes are tighter and I generally don't button my pants anymore but weight gain is at a steady 1.5 pounds total.  I haven't tossed my cookies at all (knock on wood) but there were times I thought it was going to happen.  My runs are non-existent since the jiggling was too uncomfortable on achy parts and would make me feel more sick.  I'm hoping to start walking once I can go longer than an hour without eating and not wanting to puke.

We've already bought a little boy outfit and a little girl outfit (there is only one in there, don't worry) but we just couldn't wait.  We'll find out what it is (hopefully) on Oct. 4.  We've already disagreed on tons of names.  All I want to do is sleep.  And I cry - a lot.  Most famously at a Stanley Cup billboard congratulating a local guy on winning.  I don't even like hockey.  LOL

We finally told our family on Dallin's birthday.  We put Mags in her shirt but her legs weren't cooperating so everyone had to come to her.  We were able to video tape our families' reactions which were priceless and something we'll treasure forever.

Lastly, to all my dear friends still in the midst of their battle:  As joyous as my heart is, it breaks even deeper for you.  Please don't give up.  Know of the people (ME!) praying for you.  May you always feel of the love the Savior has for you and may that love make you whole.

1 comment:

SpartyB said...

Cool. but not cool. ;)