Saturday, August 18, 2012

Vacation Part I

Where have I been?  I can't believe it's been a month since the last post.  So sorry.  We had a little pre-vacation getaway to the Zermatt in Midway (with 18-holes of golf for Dallin's birthday) then we've been playing in California!
Our first stop was Vegas for the night and us gals headed to Celine Dion.  It was FABULOUS!  Just like expected.  I wanted it to never end.  It was fun to run into a friend from my ward there too!  The boys had a good time gambling while we were there.

The next morning we headed out bright and early to California.  We made it to the beach house we rented in Carlsbad (1/2 hour away from San Diego).  We got situated and had a steak BBQ compliments of Mike.

The next day we went to SeaWorld!  My brother-in-law Jeff had never been and was in heaven being able to touch a dolphin and the sea lions went crazy for the fish he fed them.  It was HOT that day.  You can see my awesome burn line on my neck in the picture below.  I even put sunscreen on.

We had dinner with Shamu that night.  It is a buffet and a lot of fun because the whale is right there.  He decided to have some fun and jumped up and a HUGE wave came crashing through the slits in between the glass where we were eating.  Fortunately, we got the least of it.  The little girl sitting at the table behind us got soaked.  Food and everything and started crying.  The worker came to clear her plate and tell her to get more food and was trying so hard not to laugh.  It was pretty fun though.

We went to the Dolphin Show, the Shamu Show and the Walrus Show.  The Walrus one was soooo funny.  We were dying.  It was a great way to end our day there.  We got annual passes so maybe we'll have to head out there around Christmastime when we're off work and check it out again.  For sure it won't be as hot!

Tuesday was a bum around day.  You can see me (well, my feet) enjoying the beach of Carlsbad while I read a book.  I am not a huge beach person because I don't like to be sandy.  Also, I heard the water was super cold so Dallin and I headed back to the pool at the beach house after a little bit.

We ended the night (like all the nights) watching the Olympics.

More to come!


3 comments:

Shelly said...

Sounds like a fun trip! Sea World is great! The beach you went to is probably Candace's beach (they are living in temporary housing in Carlsbad) and it is like a 5-10 minute run to the beach.

Suz said...

Your burn does look like it hurts. I always forget to put sunscreen on some part of my body too. Ouch...

rozanny said...

Looks amazing!