Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My Body

Had another follow up appointment at The Health Spot last Friday. They said I looked fabulous! All of my "dysfunctions" are now almost fully functional. So they took me off some of my supplements! When I met with the nurse practioner, she loved the journal I've been keeping on when I get up, go to bed, basal temperature, mood, energy, etc. I even made a spreadsheet with graphs. The thing that concerned her was my basal temperature being so low, which hints at thyroid problems. The meridian mapping showed my thyroid fine and every test I've ever had done on my thyroid always came back normal.

I've always wondered if I had thyroid problems because of my sudden weight gain years back and I always feel tired. They said my Cortisol, Vitamin D and DHEA levels were all really low. Like 75-year-old low. No wonder I'm so freaking tired! So they added a bunch of supplements to get me the vitamins I need. They also added some Iodine to see if that'll help my thyroid and ordered another blood test. So instead of cutting back pills, I'm on a ton more. I take 13 alone in the morning. After my shake and the pills and pills I have to let dissolve under my tongue, it takes me a half hour to get through all of them!

I headed to LabCorp to get my blood drawn for a thyroid panel and a Progesterone (Day 21) test. This past month was only the second time I've gotten a positive ovulation test, EVER! That was big news but with my basal being so low, she was worried I didn't ovulate, hence the Progesterone test. That was discouraging given the positive test I had. The blood test should tell us more. Still waiting on the results. Luckily the phlebotomist didn't blow my vein this time. She fished real good but nothing as bad as last time.

Still really tired, don't think the supplements have kicked in yet. I know Dallin hopes it's because I'm preggo but I really don't feel like I am, no other common symptoms manifesting. We'll see if they can deliver on their promise of June. They definitely feel like I'm just about ready! Here's hoping we are. Staying cautiously optimistic.

1 comment:

AJ and Cindy said...

I hope everything continues to go well! I know you will get your miracle, you will get your rainbow after that rain {not to be corny, but ya know!} can't wait to hear more of your journey!