Thursday, March 22, 2012

Stretchy Pants and Singing

Tuesday I went with my friend Tawny to Kelly Clarkson. Since I was heading out in public, this was my first venture into jeans as well. It hurt. With the few extra pounds I'm carrying around (hopefully from all the excess gas and fluids they pumped me up with in the hospital - let's not talk about all the ice cream I've been eating to "make the pain go away") and not being able to suck it in without wincing, I squeezed myself into my SKINNY jeans. Ugh, that should have been my first clue. They hit in all the wrong spots and cut me in half when I sat down. At least I felt half-human. I also feel like my insides are smashed together so that is a plus. Don't know if it was worth it though, I wanted my stretchy pants back so bad. Luckily I wasn't driving and had a Lortab handy.

Yesterday was my first day driving in almost 2 weeks (don't worry, I was on Ibuprofen, not Loratab and Tawny drove me so kindly to the concert and home). The twisting to check my blind spots wasn't so bad (am I on of the only ones on the road who turn to check? Jeez) it was the seatbelt. The way I lean forward dug it into my belly. It was just a short little drive so I survived.

Every day I'm feeling a little stronger and better. I'm able to handle Maggie on a walk for the most part and feel bad I can't run with her - too much jiggling. I had a super busy week with work stressing me out (been working from home), Kelly Clarkson, Enrichment Night RS birthday party, duct cleaners and Maggie stressing, I had a little meltdown. I was tired. I was sore today, I totally paid for overdoing it the last couple days so today I took it easy. I started reading the Eternal Eden trilogy on Saturday and finished it today. Dallin looked at me like I was crazy when he found out I read 3 books in 5 days. Loved it.

Wow, got really off track, back to Kelly Clarkson. It was at the Maverik Center and we had first row of the bowl off the floor right in the center. She had a song where she came out into the audience on a little stage about 20 rows out so we were about 20-30 feet away from her. Man, that girl can SING. I've always loved Kelly. We decided we need to be friends with her. I contemplated a social media campaign but think that might be a little crazy. She's just so down to earth and I'm sure we'd get along fabulously. lol We loved singing along with all the hits and dancing. No jumping for me, mom's orders. So fun still!

Our RS birthday party was an 8 Cow Woman Hawaiian party. A girl in my ward, her sister owns a wedding company and so we always have the cutest decorations. We had Hawaiian Haystacks and had speakers talk about various things. Cow Tippin' - Cheap and fun family activities; Cow Jumped Over the Moon - Setting and Achieving Goals; Mad Cow - Handling Life's Unexpected Turns; Holy Cow - Spirituality in the Home; Cash Cow - Living Happily on a Budget. We had a great time.

1 comment:

Suz said...

Love your enrichment ideas. Hope those jeans become a little more comfortable soon.