These are the thing I've learned whilst sitting on my ever-growing bum this past week after my first major surgery:
1. The air they use to blow you up with rises to your shoulders and it HURTS.
2. Zolfran (anti-nausea) medicine is AWESOME.
3. My husband and mom are great caretakers.
4. If I would have had surgery as a kid, I probably would have become a surgeon.
5. It's hard to work from home when your puppy wants to play.
6. It's good to not do anything important while on pain killers.
7. Having surgery during March Madness was not a bad idea (until Duke SCREWED my bracket).
8. People are good. God is good.
9. No matter if it's three little incisions or a big one, surgery is surgery and it'll take the wind right out of your sails (or maybe I'm just a big baby).
10. I don't miss Vampire Baby nor the stress/worry it caused me. I'm going to have to find a new pastime.
Today is the first day I have been able to lean forward or sit up without having to roll to my side. Iworked about 4.5 hours on Wednesday and it kicked my butt and I've been down since but it has allowed me to heal. I'm able to walk a bit faster and bend a little further so things are getting better. I'm also starting to get itchy which means the holes are healing. I keep a constant ice pack on my belly but luckily the weather has been nice (for the few minutes I've been outside) so I haven't frozen to death. I have one more week home and hopefully I'll be able to work more and more hours to pass the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment