Mike & Mary's party that night with family and friends (and my family included)
12/25 - Open presents with Plaizier's at 7:30. Holy iPad, Batman!!!!
Church at 11 a.m. - even though it made for a logistical nightmare, I really enjoyed Christmas on Sunday to remember the true reason of Christmas.
Christmas dinner with my family at 2:30. Brett decides to call at 2:30 instead of 4:00 so we made him call back because we were starving! Opened presents while waiting for him to call back.
Get home around 7:30 p.m. and are exhausted!
12/26 - Party with Dallin's family at 1 p.m. and the Moore family at 5 p.m. I decided to save the falling green bean casserole (right out of the oven) with my non-gloved hand and burned my palm and middle finger royally. PAIN. I cried. But luckily the green beans were good and I guess worth the save. Later that night I also did some Christmas returns. Much less crowded than in the daytime.
12/27 - Mission scrapbooking with my mama. Made me super emotional reading letters from my now-deceased grandma. Lots of good memories. Had another family Christmas party that night.
12/28 - We decided to cancel all things that day so we could have a day to just relax and do "nothing." We went to the mall and wandered around. That night we took a sushi making class at Harmon's. I gave this to Dal for Christmas along with a sushi kit. It was so much fun! The class was about 2 hours and we learned how to make the rice, cut and pick the fish and roll. I was most nervous about rolling because it looked the hardest and most technical. It actually wasn't too bad and our teacher commented on how our rolls were "perfect" and we didn't need to be in the class. I don't like fish so I made veggie rolls. :) The grossest part was cooking the shrimp and having to peel their "little punkin legs" off, as our instructor told us. Then de-veining. I refused.
12/29 - Movie Marathon Day! We met up with the Plaizier's, my brother and sister, my uncle and cousins and went and saw MI:4. LOVED it. Super entertaining. Right after, we headed into Sherlock Holmes II. It was pretty good but I started to doze during the second half. We headed to dinner afterward and I met up with my neighbor friend for a late-night showing of Breaking Dawn. Super fun day!
12/31 - Went to Sizzler for lunch with my gramps and cousin. Gramps had me run him on some errands to visit the cemetery and pick up his Rx. Came home and we decided to have a low-key New Year's Eve since we're old. We went to the Smith's and got take out and watched a movie. I ended up falling asleep around 10:30 p.m. and waking up at midnight to the cuckoo clock. Happy New Year, I'm going back to bed. But you know what, it was nice!
It was really hard to go back to work on the 3rd. Even though I love my job, it was so much fun to stay home and play. I'm grateful for my job so even though it was hard, I was happy to be back. Happy 2012!
2 comments:
Happy New Year!
Love the 3 movie day. That is my dad's idea of the perfect day.
Post a Comment