Ok, I've been a sucky blogger lately. Lots of stuff going on with the holidays and the pup. She's doing alright, by the way. She's just been having small, focal seizures where her faces twitches or she walks around like she's chewing gum, so we're messing with the medication to see what helps to completely eliminate them, but she's doing alright.
This past Monday I went to the David Archuleta concert with my mom and sister. It was a great show and really got me in the Christmas spirit and the Spirit was so strong. We got an awesome surprise when David announced he'll be serving a full-time mission (see video above - I didn't record it, my recording was a bit further away). I have so much respect for him and feel this "sisterly" love toward him. I reflected on my own time in the mission field and the growing experiences that I had who shaped me into who I am today. He is so lucky he gets to experience that. There is nothing like serving the Lord as His missionary. I am amazed at his courage because of how hard this decision probably was for him. He is not only giving up his family, etc. but potentially a very lucrative career and millions of dollars. To follow the Spirit and have the trust in the Lord to do what he feels is right really shows you his character and where his heart truly lies. I am so excited for him and his experiences and am sure he'll touch many more lives than he already has with his music.
We've also been partying a lot around here. We had my work Christmas party, that I helped plan, at the Commander's House up at the U. I think it was a great success. The venue, food, entertainment, White Elephant, was all so much fun and everyone really seemed to enjoy themselves. I'm now off work until the New Year and am so stoked to finally have a "vacation." I didn't take any vacation time this whole year (except my 6 weeks of unemployment which I don't think counts) and it's been fun to spend time with Dal and Mags.
I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas.
O holy night, the stars are brightly shining;
It is the night of the dear Savior’s birth!
Long lay the world in sin and error pining,
Till He appeared and the soul felt its worth.
A thrill of hope, the weary soul rejoices,
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.
No comments:
Post a Comment