I took Mags to Petco's Halloween costume contest this last Saturday. We had her dressed as a piggie because if you've ever seen her eat, there is no explanation necessary. I toiled between a bumble bee and a piggie this year and decided on the piggie because it's so hysterical. There are velco straps around the belly and neck to keep the pig head/hood on. She hates it. Surprise. She'll shake her head and paw at it until it falls off. Once the pig ear even fell forward into her face and she started gnawing on it.Her little friend at the spa was supposed to be a judge but when they saw Maggie they had to get someone else because they knew it'd be unfair. This girl even went out and bought a bulldog she is so in love with Maggie! Ok to be honest, there were only 4 dogs in t
he whole competition! LOL I may be biased but I think she deserved better than 3rd place! The dog that won was a little Daschund dressed as a "senorita" which entailed a weird little poncho thing and a flower. Romeo the Golden Retriever puppy took 2nd in his bow tie and cuffs around his paws. He did look cute. I felt so bad for the Chocolate Lab puppy who took 4th. The little kids with her were devestated she didn't place. Luckily everyone got a little gift card and toys and treats for participating. That Lab was dressed up as a bumble bee and thought it was so adorable! I thought it should have won. I'll take 3rd though, we got a $5 giftcard to Petco too, which is awesome since all I had to do was show up. They dragged it out for an hour so Maggie was starting to get hot and thirsty and lose her sense of humor. I had to keep bribing her with treats. I was glad when it was all over and that it wore her out.
Next up with the festivities is Trick or Treating to our neighbors! They have a new little dog so we got treats for him to come Trick or Treat and they said they have something for Maggie. We love our little piggie!
No comments:
Post a Comment