My work sent me and my 2 coworkers to Vegas to Photoshop World. I was really excited to go because I've been itching for a change of scenery for months and I've always wanted to go to this conference. The conference was cool, I learned a lot of new techniques and got a lot of new ideas. Once I have a chance to put them to use, I'll post some of the coolness I come up with, lol. About 75% of the classes I went to were worthwhile. There were a couple I just played Angry Birds during. I'm exhausted from the conference though. For some reason the guys wanted to meet at
7:15 every morning when the conference didn't start until 8:15 so they could get a good seat. UGH! The classes also went until 7 or 8 at night so we'd be eating dinner around 9 - my brain was fried!This trip to Vegas entailed my first trip to Trader Joe's. So cool! I went to dinner with my cousin and his wife and their kids Tuesday night. It was so fun. Their kids are adorable. Randomly, my brother ended up spending the night in Vegas with his friends on his way to the USC game so I met up with him! Wednesday during
our long break, I walked 1.5 miles down to the nearest H&M in 100+ temperatures. That wasn't too smart so I shopped then took a cab back. I was a little disappointed I didn't find anything that great, just a few things. Thursday I took the tram then monorail down to Caesar's Palace and found some AWESOME things at H&M. I got the cutest coat. But walking through all these casinos, they're deceivingly huge, my legs were sore! I also stopped at the Coke factory and was bummed they didn't have Passion Fruit Fanta anymore but I tried the Orange Coke which wasn't that great and settled on a Cherry Vanilla Coke which was AWESOME.
our long break, I walked 1.5 miles down to the nearest H&M in 100+ temperatures. That wasn't too smart so I shopped then took a cab back. I was a little disappointed I didn't find anything that great, just a few things. Thursday I took the tram then monorail down to Caesar's Palace and found some AWESOME things at H&M. I got the cutest coat. But walking through all these casinos, they're deceivingly huge, my legs were sore! I also stopped at the Coke factory and was bummed they didn't have Passion Fruit Fanta anymore but I tried the Orange Coke which wasn't that great and settled on a Cherry Vanilla Coke which was AWESOME.
Friday I went to the Titanic Exhibit at the Luxor. It was sooooo cool! I'm so glad I went. (My coworkers didn't want to do anything so I did all this stuff by myself). They had jewelry and dishes and all sorts of stuff recovered from the bottom of the ocean. I was amazed at how well they preserved it. They even had a large piece of the ship and it was not even 1/100th the size of the whole side - incredible. They also had an iceberg you could touch that was warmer than the water was the night it sank and the iceberg was FREEZING. They had the grand staircase all recreated, I thought Leo was going to come walking down the stairs at any moment. Too bad you couldn't take pictures in there. There was a plaque that said a 3rd class ticket was $40 back then which was equivalent to $900 today and a 1st class ticket was $1200 which is equivalent to $103,000 today. Can you imagine?I got home late Friday night. Maggie seemed a little scared of me at first, I think I just smelled different (like casino). Then she warmed up and licked my face all over - constantly! It was a fun trip and I learned a ton but I'm glad to be home!
No comments:
Post a Comment