Saturday, September 3, 2011

Old

Why is it when you ask a little kid, "How old is old?" They always say, 30? Not 40, 50 or even 90, but 30. I was that little kid. Now I'm on the other end of it feeling "old." Even though my life is not everything I thought it would be by the time I was THIRTY, it's so much better than I ever could have imagined.

We kicked off the birthday celebration by me getting my hair done. My roots were in desperate need of a touch up. Dallin was a sport and came to the salon with me and worked on some loans. Afterwards we met up with my parents and headed up to Swiss Days in Midway. It's been YEARS since I've been to Swiss Days. It was HOT and crowded but we went to almost every booth. My mom bought me a birthday present there. it's a wood block NOEL that matches my Christmas tree perfectly! I'm so excited for it! I also bought some Toe Tats which are like stickers that adhere to your nails for up to 8 weeks. I got a cute red and white pattern for my toes. I also got some wrapping paper.

After enjoying the booths and the guys enjoying 9 holes of golf, we headed to Spin Cafe in Heber. It was soooo yummy! They even had gelato. It was an exhausting but fun day!

Today I went to the gym then headed to Massage Envy for a massage. The therapist was really great and I enjoyed the massage but the front desk girl was trying to up-sell me on everything and it really bugged. Whenever I'd say no she'd ask me why and I wanted to tell her it was because she was annoying me! So much for my relaxing mood. I headed to Cold Stone to pick up me and Allie's cake and went home and got ready while Dallin watched the BYU game. We headed up to Taggarts Grill for my birthday dinner with my family.

No one in my family had ever been there and we enjoyed their yummy bread, chicken enchiladas, fish and chips, and of course, they're humongous and delicious desserts (to go, of course!). It was a fun celebration. Even though I'm not doing anything BIG and CRAZY for my 1st anniversary of 29, I'm doing things that I love with people that I love and that makes it just as special. Stay tuned for more birthday happenings...




2 comments:

rozanny said...

Happy bday!

Maria said...

Sounds like a blast! Happy Birthday to you!