Saturday we went and saw Super 8 (alright movie) and then I met up with my best girlfriends from high school. One was in town from out of state and we went and caught up at the Old Spaghetti Factory. I ran home and Dallin and I went to meet up with my family at Eaglewood in Bountiful to watch their firework show. What is special about this year is that my dad's cousins are in town from England. My brothers, Andy, Suzanne and I stayed with them in London when we visited back in 2007. It was so fun to see them on this side of the pond since they haven't visited here for a decade.
They love anything and everything cowboy (and indian). They went to the Oakley rodeo and were pretty much in heaven. They caught free t-shirts there that they were proudly sporting.
Fred bought some glow sticks and we had fun decorating Jonathan with them. It was kind of ironic there were there celebrating our country's freedom from their country, but they definitely got the full American experience.I am so grateful for this country. Even though England will always have a special place in my heart and my family there is so dear to me, I am grateful for the freedoms we enjoy and the land that we live in, the land that I love.
No comments:
Post a Comment