I was addicted to these ice cream bars when I served in Ecuador. Imagine my surprise when I found them all over Europe, the Middle East and Mexico. I made my family walk for miles in the scorching heat in Mexico to find one. But in the good ol' U.S. of A. they don't make Magnums. Incomprehensible. The other day Dallin and I walked to a Texaco in Woods Cross, Utah (not LA or NY) and as always, I glance in the Good Humor brand ice cream case and am SHOCKED. There lay piles and piles of "new" Magnums. I can't even formulate the words. "Dal," I whisper (insert Toy Story aliens "ooooooooo" here). By now the convenience store clerk is starting to get really worried. Probably thought I saw a rodent in his case. My husband explains to him my obsession with these silky Belgium chocolate masterpieces and he leaves me alone. Thoughts tumble through my head, "Howlonghavethesebeenhere, ShouldIbuythemalltostockup, Willtheybehereforevernow?" I ask Dallin if I can have one, I'm unemployed, he's my sugar daddy now. I bite into it (even though it's 45 degrees outside) and it's heavenly! This particular one had an extra layer of chocolate which I didn't really enjoy but man, if these little lovelies are around for good, I better hit the gym like there's no tomorrow. Please visit your local Texaco and see what I'm talking about, you won't be sorry.
Thursday, March 31, 2011
Blog Worthy
I was addicted to these ice cream bars when I served in Ecuador. Imagine my surprise when I found them all over Europe, the Middle East and Mexico. I made my family walk for miles in the scorching heat in Mexico to find one. But in the good ol' U.S. of A. they don't make Magnums. Incomprehensible. The other day Dallin and I walked to a Texaco in Woods Cross, Utah (not LA or NY) and as always, I glance in the Good Humor brand ice cream case and am SHOCKED. There lay piles and piles of "new" Magnums. I can't even formulate the words. "Dal," I whisper (insert Toy Story aliens "ooooooooo" here). By now the convenience store clerk is starting to get really worried. Probably thought I saw a rodent in his case. My husband explains to him my obsession with these silky Belgium chocolate masterpieces and he leaves me alone. Thoughts tumble through my head, "Howlonghavethesebeenhere, ShouldIbuythemalltostockup, Willtheybehereforevernow?" I ask Dallin if I can have one, I'm unemployed, he's my sugar daddy now. I bite into it (even though it's 45 degrees outside) and it's heavenly! This particular one had an extra layer of chocolate which I didn't really enjoy but man, if these little lovelies are around for good, I better hit the gym like there's no tomorrow. Please visit your local Texaco and see what I'm talking about, you won't be sorry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I wish I could express how jealous I am right now. I've been craving those for 6 years! You know what I mean.
Yum...reminds me of our trip to the middle east.
Yum!
Weird!!! I just got a coupon in the mail to buy these at wal mart!!
Post a Comment