Monday, July 12, 2010

Justin Bieber!

Saturday was a fun-filled day. I started off by throwing a bridal shower for my bff. We has scrumptious food with chicken salad sandwiches and cupcakes from So Cupcake. Yum!
She got a lot of great stuff and it was great to get her family and friends together (and some of my friends I haven't seen in ages!) and celebrate this new time in her life. I started getting really sad and almost a bit weepy that she'll be moving away in about a week with her new hubby. We've known each other longer than we haven't and it'll be so weird to not have her close. I can't wait until she comes back! Can't talk about it anymore. Sniff!

Afterward I took a short nap for the festivities to come. I took Becky to Olive Garden for dinner then we headed to the Justin Bieber concert! I've had this up my sleeve since the end of April but my mom wouldn't let me give her the tickets until school was out so she would concentrate on her classes. I think I was more excited to see her face than she was to go to the concert - and that's a lot!
She kept telling me all day that she couldn't believe the concert was really happening. That she'd been dreaming of this day and couldn't believe he was really here and she was going. She said it was one of her life goals to go to his concert and that I made her dream come true (awww!). I gave her the tickets for her early birthday/Christmas present and she said it was the best birthday/Christmas she's ever had! She didn't know we had as good of tickets as we did so that was a fun surprise. It was just so fun to make her smile.
She made me promise not to be lame so I stood up and jumped and screamed like everyone else (including the adorable 4-year-olds in their Justin Bieber t-shirts). The worst was the 9-year-old and 12-year-old next to us in tiaras and strapless prom dresses. The older girl's slit when WAY up to there and the 9-year-old was still so small she had to keep pulling up the front of her dress so it didn't fall down. Parents - come ON! After enduring two horrible opening acts and a surprising good and energetic Sean Kingston, the moment of hysteria arrived. I have never been so glad for earplugs in my life. Becky even used a pair too.
Justin is a super-talented kid and I quite enjoyed myself. A lot of the concert was over-the-top cheesy but that isn't the first time I've been to a teen heartthrob concert so I couldn't gag too much. The hearts on the sleeve of his shirts was a little much and Becky even commented that he had more wardrobe changes than a girl. His songs with Sean Kingston (Eenie, meeney, miney, mo lover) brought such a great energy and had the whole place bouncing (except for the dads) and the girls were going nuts. This kid better milk it for all it's worth because it was insane.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you went to the JB concert. But how sweet of you. I bet your sister just loves you. You are so sweet and thoughtful! Ahhh I can't imagine the insanity!