Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July Festivities

We started off my favorite holiday weekend at the Real soccer game. It kept me quite entertained since they scored five goals and I really like it when they score goals. The firework show was blah and they didn't play Neil Diamond, "We're Coming to America" and no firework show is complete without it so I was really disappointed. They actually didn't play any patriotic music and it bugged.

Saturday I went to Eclipse with my in-laws and Cami and browsed the Gateway while Dallin watched more World Cup. We went out for dinner at Mikado for Dallin's birthday dinner. We got there with the "early birds" and got free soup and dessert for the birthday boy. We were going to go to Eaglewood for the fireworks but went to Davis High instead since it was closer. It actually ended up being a really great show! I loved that they played patriotic music and it actually matched the fireworks!

Sunday we did the church and nursery thing and continued planning our trip to South America.
Monday we went with the in-laws up to Park City for "Family Day" instead of "Family Night." We had a yummy meal at Baja Cantina and went to ride the Alpine Slide or Zip Line. Everyone else had the same idea. When we were told the line was two hours long we decided to just hit up the outlets. We spent hours there browsing and then headed to the Gateway to meet up with everyone for more sushi at Happy Sumo. We then celebrated Dal's birthday with presents and ice cream cake.

Today it was back to the grind but I tried to keep the party going by "decorating" after working eight hours and rushing home to put the birthday pie in the oven! I think he had a good time with friends over to help celebrate. Here are 28 reasons why I love THIS GUY:

1. He is a worthy priesthood holder
2. He never really gets embarrassed
3. He has a million dollar smile (the first thing I was attracted to)
4. He is good at everything he does (and modest about it too)
5. He is just so darn cute
6. He'll make a wonderful father one day, especially after so much practice in nursery
7. He gives great advice to anyone without imposing his own agenda
8. He supports me and lets me "fly"
9. He is helpful without being asked
10. He makes everything fun
11. He is an example to many, including me
12. His patience is endless
13. He smells good
14. He's laid back and always up for anything
15. He is loving and lovable
16. He kills spiders for me and only makes fun of me a little
17. He is a great provider
18. He is a passionate person
19. He is family-oriented
20. He keeps himself clean and groomed
21. He doesn't like the outdoors (like me!)
22. He has the best listening ear
23. He exemplifies so many Christlike attributes
24. He protects me
25. He is everything I am not
26. He knows how to be a great friend
27. He is a hard-worker
28. He is my greatest blessing

1 comment:

Megan and Cory said...

Happy Birthday Dallen!! Sounds like you guys had an awesome time. We really need to get together again soon.